9 year old Brazilian being scouted by Euro Soccer

southsider2k5

Why isn't this in the Sports Bar?

This kid won't sign for a few years and even if he does he will be playing on youth teams anyway. A big reason why Adu didn't sign with the European teams was that he wouldn't play much with the senior club.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Jan 27, 2005 -> 03:41 PM)
Why isn't this in the Sports Bar?

This kid won't sign for a few years and even if he does he will be playing on youth teams anyway. A big reason why Adu didn't sign with the European teams was that he wouldn't play much with the senior club.

It has societal implications beyond sports. Is it right for a 9 year old kid to be being contacted by professional sports organziations?

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 27, 2005 -> 03:46 PM)
It has societal implications beyond sports.  Is it right for a 9 year old kid to be being contacted by professional sports organziations?

It doesn't matter because he won't be signed for a few years. I can guarantee that. Just because teams are looking at him doesn't mean they've offered him a contract yet. These teams took forever to give Adu offers as it was.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Jan 27, 2005 -> 03:50 PM)
It doesn't matter because he won't be signed for a few years. I can guarantee that. Just because teams are looking at him doesn't mean they've offered him a contract yet. These teams took forever to give Adu offers as it was.

Signing him is a technicality in my eyes. The fact that they are even bothering a 4th or 5th grader just blows my mind.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Jan 27, 2005 -> 03:44 PM)
this is getting down right sick. soon you'll be hearing about 5 year olds playing YMCA basketball getting scouted.

There's an excellent sketch on my Mr Show DVD where Bob and David portray rival junior college recruiters trying to sign a 5-year-old kid who can barely dribble a basketball.

Mr Show =

:headbang :headbang :notworthy :notworthy :headbang :headbang

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jan 28, 2005 -> 08:20 AM)
There's an excellent sketch on my Mr Show DVD where Bob and David portray rival junior college recruiters trying to sign a 5-year-old kid who can barely dribble a basketball.

Mr Show = 

:headbang  :headbang  :notworthy :notworthy  :headbang  :headbang

Haha, I haven't seen that one, but for some reason I was actually reminded of the Mr. Show sketch in which they have the fetus beauty contest. Good stuff!

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Jan 27, 2005 -> 03:44 PM)
this is getting down right sick. soon you'll be hearing about 5 year olds playing YMCA basketball getting scouted.

My 6 year old son is represented by Scott Boras.

We're seeking a long term deal in TeeBall.

PM me for his medical records!

:D