16 inch softball movie ??

QUOTE(CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jan 28, 2005 -> 03:13 AM)
I've heard talk of a movie possibly being filmed in Chicago about 16 inch softball. Anyone else heard anything about it ? I like the idea . Hope it's true.

Yeah it was filmed back in 1986 and called About Last Night. Good movie and it featured Demi Moore pre-breast augmentation.

:)

Coming to theatres, Summer 2005.....

"In a world where the balls are larger than normal, the hands are unprotected and it seems like there are too many men on the field, ONE MAN has the power to save his teammates from defeat.....armed with only his own will....and a triple-walled aluminum bat......he gives them hope.....pride.....and a 3-run 7th inning double.....

Starring:

RENEE ZELLWEGER......as the perky barmaid with a heart of gold......

JOHN GOODMAN......as the cranky umpire who seems to have it in for "the good guys".....

ALEC BALDWIN.......as the wise, grizzled coach who inspires him to look inward.....

....and in his finest role, as the aging hotshot ballplayer who arrived looking for hits but leaves finding something MUCH more important......

TOM CRUISE IS......

SHORT CENTER"

...this movie has not yet been rated....

( EDITED TO ADD that you and I both realize that Tom Cruise would never play the lead role in any movie with SHORT in the title.... :D )

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jan 28, 2005 -> 10:24 AM)
....and in his finest role, as the aging hotshot ballplayer who arrived looking for hits but leaves finding something MUCH more important......

TOM CRUISE IS......

SHORT CENTER"

( EDITED TO ADD that you and I both realize that Tom Cruise would never play the lead role in any movie with SHORT in the title.... :D  )

I think for him to star in it, there would have to be some kind of backstory about his father being the best in whatever he now does...see: Top Gun, Days of Thunder, A Few Good Men.

I just hope this movie does for softball what The Cutting Edge did for figure skating, Side Out did for beach volleyball, Over the Top did for Professional Arm Wrestling and American Flyers did for bike racing.

One can only hope.

Yep, every movie trailer must be by that same guy saying "In a world" or "In a town".

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jan 28, 2005 -> 10:24 AM)

"In a world where the balls are larger than normal, the hands are unprotected and it seems like there are too many men on the field, ONE MAN has the power to save his teammates from defeat.....armed with only his own will....and a triple-walled aluminum bat......he gives them hope.....pride.....and a 3-run 7th inning double.....

Starring:

JOHN GOODMAN......as the cranky umpire who seems to have it in for "the good guys".....

ALEC BALDWIN.......as the wise, grizzled coach who inspires him to look inward.....

TOM CRUISE IS......

SHORT CENTER"

( EDITED TO ADD that you and I both realize that Tom Cruise would never play the lead role in any movie with SHORT in the title.... :D  )

I can not go into details but there is a movie in development, about 16" softball, that is supposed to shoot in Chicago this Summer. I know the Writer and Producer and will update Soxtalk as things progress. This movie is about 16" softball, "About Last Night" had 16" softball as almost a backdrop to the relationships that the characters had going. This would be a great movie for all of Chicago showcasing our game, a game that we invented and that we still play better than anyone in the country.

PS "Keep it pure, no gloves"

QUOTE(whitesoxmurph @ Jan 28, 2005 -> 11:58 AM)
I can not go into details but there is a movie in development, about 16" softball, that is supposed to shoot in Chicago this Summer. I know the Writer and Producer and will update Soxtalk as things progress. This movie is about 16" softball, "About Last Night" had 16" softball as almost a backdrop to the relationships that the characters had going. This would be a great movie for all of Chicago showcasing our game, a game that we invented and that we still play better than anyone in the country.

PS  "Keep it pure, no gloves"

I've been playing 16" softball since I was 18, so that's.......(carry the two).......23 years, and I love the game, but I can tell you that a movie about 16" softball would bore me to tears. Plus, I'd bet anything that worthless asswipe windbag no-talent, no ratings getting f***wad Mike North is gonna wriggle his way into that movie somehow.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jan 28, 2005 -> 05:24 AM)

Starring:

TOM CRUISE IS......

SHORT CENTER"

:lolhitting :notworthy