The acc confrence

I think North carolina will be the only team in the acc to be in the final four i think the game North carolina played against wake was a big upset and will not happen again for a long time North Carolina took out there best player in that game cause he got in to foul truble and the time when he was in before he got into foul truble North carolina was up also Duke is not very good Maryland is terrible and they lost to them Duke has not played anyone good this season except for Maryland and look what happend they lost. North carolina will make the final four

lol you aren't gonna get much interest on this here, this is Big Ten country, I usually end up talking to myself unless I mention Duke hatred, which is apparently shared universally.

Yes UNC has a good shot at winning the ACC, but anytime an ACC school plays on the road, they are prime for an upset. Pretty much anyone can beat anyone at home.

I'm predicting Illinois, UNC, Arizona, and Wake Forest in the F4. With UNC and Illinois being 1 seeds, Arizona being a 3-4 seed, and WF being a 2 seed.

Thanks, I actually stopped watching at halftime due to programming hw. I saw the final minute though where their scrubs scored like 8 points in the final minute. I just can't believe how well McCants is taking his far less role in the offense. Sad part is that with his unselfishness and defense this year, his offensive statistics have gone down while be's become the best player he's ever been. He won't get noticed for it either due to his lack of stats.

As for GAT, I can definitely see them making a run when Elder gets healthy again. But Duke, barring a 3 point bonanza, I can't see them beating a talented deep team in the NCAA tourney. They will get their usual Sweet 16 and then run into trouble in my opinion.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Jan 29, 2005 -> 01:22 PM)
lol yep,  are you getting nervous yet?  :usa

Nah, its still a loooooong ways to go. If UNC plays in the tourney like they did against WF, you will win that bet in a heartbeat.

Ha, they look real good right now, no doubt about that. I just don't think they have a team built for the tourney, if that makes sense?

I can't see 2 Final 4 teams from the ACC getting in. They will probaly only get 4 or 5 teams in the tourny. UNC will probaly make it, but no other team shows that they can win consistently. Wake is having constant let-downs, Duke has played few big games and GT has the same problems of let-downs as Wake. There is no real dominent team out UNC in there.

im going with UNC, Illini, Duke, and Wake Forest in the final 4. I think Chris Paul will carry Wake to at least final 4. UNC prob the best team of the 4. Illini well we all know about them. And duke in my opinion that regardless of talent are so well coached they will find a way to get there.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jan 29, 2005 -> 05:39 PM)
im going with UNC, Illini, Duke, and Wake Forest in the final 4.  I think Chris Paul will carry Wake to at least final 4.  UNC prob the best team of the 4.  Illini well we all know about them.  And duke in my opinion that regardless of talent are so well coached they will find a way to get there.

lol at 3 ACC teams in the final four i dont that will happen even if they were all separate anyways

ok here's my 4 as of now: Illinois, Oklahoma State, Syracuse, and UNC

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jan 29, 2005 -> 04:39 PM)
im going with UNC, Illini, Duke, and Wake Forest in the final 4.  I think Chris Paul will carry Wake to at least final 4.  UNC prob the best team of the 4.  Illini well we all know about them.  And duke in my opinion that regardless of talent are so well coached they will find a way to get there.

Duke just doesn't have the talent this year, wake and unc play 0 defense, out of all those teams Illinois has the best chance imo.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jan 29, 2005 -> 11:03 PM)
Duke just doesn't have the talent this year, wake and unc play 0 defense, out of all those teams Illinois has the best chance imo.

I agree on Duke and Wake, but I think you are a little off on UNC's D. They play in a very strong league, which is a major reason that their average points allowed is about 70 compared to Illinois' 63. There is a major difference in averaged points scored throughout the league however. Only 6 of the 11 teams in the Big Ten average as much as 70 points per game, while every team in the ACC is averaging at least 70. Here's a very telling stat: U of I Field Goal Percentage Allowed- .421, UNC Field Goal Percentage Allowed- .397. Plus a good number of their points allowed come in garbage time after amassing huge leads (I know this happens to the Illini too but it is not as pronounced because their starters play more. Every U of I starter averages at least 24.8 minutes per game with Williams, Head, and Brown well over 30. Only three of UNC's starters average that much, none over 30 minutes). I think both teams are very good and look like Final Four teams, but to claim UNC plays NO D is an exaggeration.

The ACC is good, but they are doing what they do every year. Beat the hell out of each other. What's really telling, though, is how well Miami and Virginia Tech are doing. They have some tough wins. And these are NOT basketball schools, but they are not bending over and taking it up the tailpipe.

As for my final four: Illinois, Kansas, Louisville, Oklahoma State.