Senior Bowl

A few words on the Senior Bowl...

Frye- Charlie Frye, the game's MVP, made the most out of his opportunity and assured himself a first or second round selection. His size, accuracy, and intangibles are all NFL ready. After having watched what Frye can do against top-notch competition, I project the Packers select their heir-apparent with their first round selection.

Sproles- Darren proved he can hang with the big boys. I project he'll be a late-round selection and will see times on special teams in the NFL.

Orton- Orton's preformance was nothing special, but he'll be a first day selection none-the-less. If he can have a solid combine, Orton may improve his stock and end up in the second or third round. Before his fall from grace, the Packers were looking at him to take over with Favre retires, but, they may now focus their attention on Charlie Frye.

Campbell- Although I project Campbell will be a clipboard quarterback in the NFL, he may end up being drafted in the third or fouth round and could compete for a backup spot in the NFL. He reminds me of Quincy Carter, but with better accuracy.

Nugent- Mike Nugent, OSU kicker, may join the ranks of the kicking elite in the NFL in two years time. He is unreal. Perhaps he'll go as high as Kaeding.

Swancutt- Defensive player of the game. His stock will now soar.

Carnell Williams- Cadillac had an amazing week of practice and developed quite the relationship with Coach Gruden. I project Carnell to go to the Bucs in the first round.

Stock Up- Frye, Williams, Nugent

Stock Down- Orlovsky, Arrington.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jan 30, 2005 -> 01:51 PM)
Sproles- Darren proved he can hang with the big boys.  I project he'll be a late-round selection and will see times on special teams in the NFL.

Kiper said he predicts Sproles to go in the 2nd-3rd round :o

I was amazed, Sproles is my boy but I didnt think he would get that kind of credit for being 5'6

He is fast as hell and can cut like no ones business.. he may be a surprise for some team, I think he would be a GREAT 3rd Down / Change of Pace back and an excellent return man

think Dante Hall but more moves and speed, Dante was the RB at Texas A&M I think Sproles might be able to do the same, while contributing a little bit at the RB spot as well at the next level