Mike Morse

marsh

Morse was part of the Freddy Garcia deal and is now in the Mariners organization. He has a good deal of raw potential and really made some big strides this year. I still think he's a couple years off, but I think he'll get to the majors at some point although I don't know how long is tenure will be.

He's probably stuck behind a couple of guys in the M's organization though, I know they have Jose Lopez competing for a starter's spot, and they just signed that young Cuban infielder on a 4 year deal, and they think talent wise, he would have been a 1st round pick in the draft.

From what I read about him, he seems to be one of those boom or bust guys.

Meaning, theres a chance he wont make the big leagues and theres a chance he'll get 20+ hr per year and hit 280 which'd make him a top notch shortstop in the bigs.

His strength and stature are the reasons for this, or this is what ive heard.

I still think he's going to have to move to 3rd base, which is going to make it that much more difficult considering Adrian Beltre is gonna be in his way.

In fact, there is little chance that he'll play much short in the majors unless its as utility guy. But he won't be a major league starting shortstop.