Best Computer Format

HuskyCaucasian

Which computer format do you PREFER?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Which computer format do you PREFER?

• Mac
    • PC-Windows
    • PC-Other

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Feb 2, 2005 -> 10:34 AM)
The Mac Mini stuff further down leads me to believe that the sheer computing power of the Mini over other DVR offerings makes it logical for Apple to eventually offer some kind of video content-delivery system.

I read something today (I forget where) that down the line if TiVo continues to sink, Apple is one of 3 companies that has expressed intrest in buying them.

Also, I read this article yester as to why purhaps Apple is holing off on a Media Center

It’s a foregone conclusion that at least one company, perhaps Elgato Systems, will develop some combination to turn the Mac mini into a capable Windows Media Center competitor, but it will be impossible for anyone but Apple to market such functionality with the support that, say, the iPod has received. There is at least one good reason for Apple to delay. Currently, TiVo and Microsoft are pushing the FCC to enforce mandatory adoption of CableCard by operators. While not a panacea, CableCard opens the market for alternatives to cable-supplied digital set-tops