Iron Chef

GASHWOUND

Anyone watch this show? What do ya think of the new one Iron Chef America...I've been tivoing the original shows that airs at 2 am and love it and then have watched the new one with my fav food tv host Alton Brown hosting it and again it's pretty good..

Haven't watched it in a few years, but I only saw the old one (hell I didn't even know there was a new one) and it was always pretty interested. I can't say I'd ever eat what they could, but my favorite one was the one with the squid or whatever it was.

It was crazy how the stuff kept squirming while getting boiled.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 31, 2005 -> 12:48 AM)
Haven't watched it in a few years, but I only saw the old one (hell I didn't even know there was a new one) and it was always pretty interested.  I can't say I'd ever eat what they could, but my favorite one was the one with the squid or whatever it was.

It was crazy how the stuff kept squirming while getting boiled.

Yeah, it premiered on like the 16th of this month

Haven't seen the squid one...Alton Brown hosts it

QUOTE(GASHWOUND @ Jan 31, 2005 -> 06:22 AM)
Yeah, comes off as an ass sometimes...

QP, right on! I f***ing hate Bobby Flay! He's such a whining dickweed.

Was searching the net for this story:

At the end of his first battle against Japanese Iron Chef Masaharu Morimoto, a smack-talking, posturing Flay jumped triumphantly onto the counter. Standing on his cuttingboard and doing that dorky "raise the roof" hand gesture, Flay lead the crowd in chanting "U.S.A! U.S.A!" All of this, but primarily the standing on the cutting board part, grievously offended Morimoto and the rest of the Japanese contingent.

Hilariously, Flay lost the battle, and afterwards took every opportunity to complain to the press that it was unfair, that his equipment was inferior to his challenger's and that the odds were stacked against him. A year later, he was afforded a rematch, which he ended up winning. As the final buzzer sounded, Flay jumped up and stood on the counter once again. In typically obnoxious fashion, he pointed out that this time he wasn't standing on the cutting board cause he didn't want to offend anybody. "He's so American!" the young Japanese actress on the panel of judges tittered nervously. Morimoto just shook his head in disbelief.

And yes, I am a huge fan of Iron Chef. :headbang The new one sucks so much.

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Jan 31, 2005 -> 11:37 AM)
I like her 30 minute cooking show, but could do with out the other two shows she does.

I love the original Iron Chef - I even have a shirt with a picture of the bell pepper with the bite taken out of it. Because I'm a dork, of course.

I like the NEW US version too, mainly because of Alton Brown being the host. I don't know if any of you had the, er, privelege of seeing the sad, sad first attempt at an Iron Chef America with William Shatner as the host. That was just sad.

I love all of Rachel Rey's shows, especially the $40 a day. I thought she was getting a little chunky last year and maybe the'd cut her down to $30 (:D), but I gotta say she is looking really good these days.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Jan 31, 2005 -> 06:14 PM)
I love the original Iron Chef - I even have a shirt with a picture of the bell pepper with the bite taken out of it.  Because I'm a dork, of course.

I like the NEW US version too, mainly because of Alton Brown being the host.  I don't know if any of you had the, er, privelege of seeing the sad, sad first attempt at an Iron Chef America with William Shatner as the host.  That was just sad.

I love all of Rachel Rey's shows, especially the $40 a day.  I thought she was getting a little chunky last year and maybe the'd cut her down to $30 (:D), but I gotta say she is looking really good these days.

she was in FHM... hey maybe you can get her for only $40 a day :D