Jim McMahon's Two Restaurants

KittleWalk83

How is that f***ing possible considering there were only 10 super bowls held in the 80's?  :huh:

Let's see

Raiders, 81 and 84

Redskins 82 and 88

Niners 80, 85, 89

That's 7 Super Bowls won by three teams. Add the 1980 Steelers (the last of 4 SB) the 1986 Giants (who in 90 would win their second SB) and then the FLUKE 85 Bears. Who are still waiting for a return trip to the Super Bowl. If winning a championship every 21 years isn't a FLUKE, I don't know what is. 63. 85. 2006??? With the losers on and running the Bears that's really going to happen.

Is that so hard for you to figure out? Oh don't answer that, it may take you forever to figure it out, moron.

fluke

n.

1. A stroke of good luck.

2. A chance occurrence; an accident

The fact that you haven't been banned yet is a fluke. One of the most dominant defenses of all time winning a Super Bowl and completely destroying their competition is not a fluke.

QUOTE(winodj @ Feb 1, 2005 -> 03:26 PM)
So, is the restaurant still open?

Apperently not. From the Glenview Watch 2003 archives...

http://www.glenviewwatch.com/archive/2003/gw060103.htm

MCMAHON’S STEAKHOUSE IS HISTORY

In the midst of a dispute over how much of the profits should go to  former Chicago Bears quarterback Jim McMahon, the Milwaukee Avenue restaurant that carries his name has closed, prompting McMahon to file  suit. Gus Cappas, who owned the eatery, saw McMahon as more than an investor. According to the Pioneer Press, he agreed to pay the "punky  QB" $4,000 a month plus five percent of gross receipts and 75 percent  of merchandise sales in exchange for the use of his name. McMahon says the  steakhouse and sports bar was a success, in large part because of his promotional efforts, but Cappas misrepresented its finances, claiming poor  cash flow and refusing to pay vendors. Cappas allegedly threatened bankruptcy and demanded McMahon remove his memorabilia from the  restaurant.

QUOTE(KittleWalk83 @ Feb 1, 2005 -> 02:01 PM)
Let's see

Raiders, 81 and 84

Redskins 82 and 88

Niners 80, 85, 89

That's 7 Super Bowls won by three teams.  Add the 1980 Steelers (the last of 4 SB) the 1986 Giants (who in 90 would win their second SB) and then the FLUKE 85 Bears.  Who are still waiting for a return trip to the Super Bowl.  If winning a championship every 21 years isn't a FLUKE, I don't know what is.  63. 85. 2006???  With the losers on and running the Bears that's really going to happen.

Is that so hard for you to figure out?  Oh don't answer that, it may take you forever to figure it out, moron.

Knock the name calling off. Not only does it make you look bad but also tears apart your argument.

And I for one had a hard time deciphering how you said nearly every team won a Super Bowl in the 1980s when there were not enough Super Bowls to have that occur.

fluke

n.

1. A stroke of good luck.

2. A chance occurrence; an accident

The fact that you haven't been banned yet is a fluke. One of the most dominant defenses of all time winning a Super Bowl and completely destroying their competition is not a fluke.

So the 86 Super Bowl win was a FLUKE. Since the Bears haven't done it again.

FLUKE=85 Bears

FLUKE=85 Bears

FLUKE=85 Bears

FLUKE=85 Bears

FLUKE=85 Bears

FLUKE=85 Bears

FLUKE=85 Bears

FLUKE=85 Bears

FLUKE=85 Bears

FLUKE=85 Bears

FLUKE=85 Bears

FLUKE=85 Bears

FLUKE=85 Bears

FLUKE=85 Bears

FLUKE=85 Bears

FLUKE=85 Bears

FLUKE=85 Bears

FLUKE=85 Bears

FLUKE=85 Bears

FLUKE=85 Bears

FLUKE=85 Bears

FLUKE=85 Bears

FLUKE=85 Bears

QUOTE(KittleWalk83 @ Feb 1, 2005 -> 08:01 PM)
Let's see

Raiders, 81 and 84

Redskins 82 and 88

Niners 80, 85, 89

That's 7 Super Bowls won by three teams.  Add the 1980 Steelers (the last of 4 SB) the 1986 Giants (who in 90 would win their second SB) and then the FLUKE 85 Bears.  Who are still waiting for a return trip to the Super Bowl.  If winning a championship every 21 years isn't a FLUKE, I don't know what is.  63. 85. 2006???  With the losers on and running the Bears that's really going to happen.

Is that so hard for you to figure out?  Oh don't answer that, it may take you forever to figure it out, moron.

:lolhitting

Haven't you figured out that the only fluke is the Bears not winning more than one?

Who brings an argument like this to the table?

One championship = fluke

Two championships = certifiable

If I were you, I'd just abandon this account, get a new username, and start all over. There's not a person on this site who respects you, straight up.

Bummer about the restaurant. Are all of Dikta's closed as well? And didn't someone from the Sting open one about the same time? And Fencik had a bar up on the north side didn't he? Wow, so many at one time, an amazing convergence of celebrity eateries all opening about the same time, would that be a coincidence?

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Feb 1, 2005 -> 03:01 PM)
:lolhitting

Haven't you figured out that the only fluke is the Bears not winning more than one?

Who brings an argument like this to the table?

One championship = fluke

Two championships = certifiable

If I were you, I'd just abandon this account, get a new username, and start all over.  There's not a person on this site who respects you, straight up.

Aw man, you took the words right out of my mouth.

This poster has no credibility. No one likes him. He does nothing but stir up trouble. Your act is old already.

Hit the road Einstein. :headshake

QUOTE(KittleWalk83 @ Feb 1, 2005 -> 02:01 PM)
Let's see

Raiders, 81 and 84

Redskins 82 and 88

Niners 80, 85, 89

Why don't you read what you wrote? :banghead

Look morons, every team but the Steelers, Bears, and Giants, won two or more Super Bowls in the 80's. 

Were there only 6 teams inthe NFL during the 80's? :huh:

The NFL is one of the only leagues were every team can contend, which is why you don't see dynasties like the Yankees, Bulls, Lakers, or Red Wings.

But I bet you already knew that..... :rolly

QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 1, 2005 -> 03:16 PM)
Bummer about the restaurant. Are all of Dikta's closed as well? And didn't someone from the Sting open one about the same time? And Fencik had a bar up on the north side didn't he? Wow, so many at one time, an amazing convergence of celebrity eateries all opening about the same time, would that be a coincidence?

Ditka's is still open. They have commercials on AM1000 all the time..