Sen. Hillary Clinton Collapses

Controlled Chaos

Sen. Hillary Clinton Collapses

10 minutes ago Top Stories - Reuters

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Sen. Hillary Clinton (news - web sites) collapsed after making a speech in Buffalo, New York, on Monday, local radio reported.

Detroit radio station WWJ 950AM, citing reports from Buffalo, said the senator collapsed after making a speech. No further information was immediately available.

BUFFALO, New York (AP) -- Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton collapsed Monday during a speech on Social Security, the result of a 24-hour flu bug, an aide told The Associated Press.

Clinton was speaking in warm room in front of 150 people, according to the aide, who spoke on condition of anonymity.

"She was weak and needed to sit down. She fainted," the aide said.

Colleen DiPirro, president of the Amherst Chamber of Commerce, told WBEN-AM radio that Clinton told the crowd she was feeling weak and had had a stomach virus. Clinton started to speak then collapsed, DiPirro told the radio station.

Clinton, 57, walked out of the private club where she was to speak under her own power, smiling, the club's general manager said.

She is apparently making another speech in Buffalo as we speak.

I'll tell ya what, if she has anything like the flu I've had all weekend, I'm not surprised at all that she collapsed.

I felt woozy every time I stood up all weekend.

Fever, chills, body aches, throat RAKED from coughing....it's been miserable here in Criticville.

Hope Hillary's feeling better.