cubs new right fielder??

Agent Howard Simon said Jeromy Burnitz could decide on his new team as early as this morning. Talks with the Pirates yesterday included an exchange of contract proposals, but Wrigley Field still seems to be the most likely destination for Burnitz. The Diamondbacks are considering getting back into the race, but it may be too late for them. Feb. 1 - 4:56 am et

most likely it will be jeremy burnitz. i dont think the cubs are stupid enough to give maggs the money and years he's asking for, huff would have to be a trade and i dont know who they give tampa. burnitz woiuld be perfect for them (sox fan point of veiw) swing and a miss!

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Feb 1, 2005 -> 07:10 AM)
I was listening to ESPN 1000 this morning and they were mentioning how the Scrubs want Huff but the Devil Rays are saying any package for him has to start with Carlos Zambrano....Take it FWIW.

Garbage.

That was the early speculation, that TB would want a major league player in return and of course they would want pitching.

They're not getting Huff.

Garbage.

That was the early speculation, that TB would want a major league player in return and of course they would want pitching.

They're not getting Huff.

Yep, their not getting Huff. Their outfield should look like this on opening day:

LF - Jerry Hairston / Todd Hollandsworth

CF - Corey Patterson

RF - Jeromy Burnitz

:lol: :puke

I have a feeling both sides really, really want it to be Maggs and they're really struggling to make it work somehow. Never count Hendry out. Maggs might settle for a 1 year deal with the Cubs. Think about it, would you rather showcase with the Cubs for one year or be tied down to the Tigers for 5?

andProbably Burnitz, but I won't be shocked if it's Maggs.

QUOTE(NO!!MARY!!! @ Feb 1, 2005 -> 10:58 AM)
I now read in Phil Rogers that it might be Magglio Ordonez. He says that they are going to meet with him.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jan 31, 2005 -> 11:59 PM)
I think that's who it'll be, I just don't want it to be Huff, I like and respect Aubrey to much for that.

I agree. I'm a fan of Huff and it would suck for the cubs to get him. i'm still pissed that they got D. Lee from the marlins.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Feb 1, 2005 -> 08:25 AM)
I have a feeling both sides really, really want it to be Maggs and they're really struggling to make it work somehow. Never count Hendry out. Maggs might settle for a 1 year deal with the Cubs. Think about it, would you rather showcase with the Cubs for one year or be tied down to the Tigers for 5?

andProbably Burnitz, but I won't be shocked if it's Maggs.

Did you forget who Maggs' agent is? I seriously doubt that would happen.

That would be foolish on Magg's part. He's going to blend into oblivion on the Tigers. He already passed up a good deal from us, what's one more? If he's really healthy, the loot will be there in 06.

QUOTE(Leonard Zelig @ Feb 1, 2005 -> 04:41 PM)
Did you forget who Maggs' agent is?  I seriously doubt that would happen.