Girl tossed up through basketball hoop

IlliniKrush

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Feb 1, 2005 -> 04:34 PM)
In most cases, a woman's hips are the widest part of her body. She could have 36 inch hips.  Too close to risk it, fake.

I think at her age (guessing late teens so I assume no kids yet) her shoulders would still be the widest. But she's no where near 36 inches anyway.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My co-worker who is rail thin (110 lbs.) just told me her hips are a 34. Even if the girl is a 32, it's still too tight to risk it.

QUOTE(Steff @ Feb 1, 2005 -> 10:37 PM)
I think at her age (guessing late teens so I assume no kids yet) her shoulders would still be the widest. But she's no where near 36 inches anyway.

QUOTE(AssHatSoxFan @ Feb 1, 2005 -> 04:44 PM)
18" diameter means 18 inches ACROSS not 36 unless you meant radius then it would be 36" across not 18

If your waist is 18 inches wide, you wear at least 36" wait pants... It's simple math, or clothing construction. You need a front and a back to the pants.

Edited by Gene Honda Civic

I remember in 8th grade fitting a kid through the hoop, without a net. We were screwing around after practice with one of the adjustable poles and put him up through, the reverse would be slightly hard with the arms.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Feb 1, 2005 -> 05:06 PM)
It's real...vindication? Go to stupidvideos.com and #7 to the left is "Basketgirl". Click on that one and watch the video...it des it in slow motion so you can see how she goes through.

Notice her reflection fails to appear off the backboard. Clear indication of a hoax.

Although, as many of you pointed out, it's still nicely done.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 1, 2005 -> 04:32 PM)
Fake, her hands would have hung in the net. Looking at the GIF confirms it to me. But excellent work by whomever  :lolhitting

Umm I'm not sure what you mean about her hands but if you look closely at her hands as she passes through it appears as though it rips some of the mesh off.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Feb 1, 2005 -> 07:57 PM)
Notice her reflection fails to appear off the backboard.  Clear indication of a hoax. 

Although, as many of you pointed out, it's still nicely done.

Umm I see a reflection here.

http://www.aoox77.dsl.pipex.com/1/b1.gif

Edited by KipWellsFan

If you look at the slomo her color is off. She looks too defined while the basket is clearly blurred. Basically what I'm trying to say is that the lighting in the room she is in when they filmed this for the faking is much different from the lighting of the gym. She is too bright.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Feb 1, 2005 -> 03:54 PM)
No hoop I ever played on was that wide.    I remeber our coach would use this ring which sat on the inside of the rim which made it even smaller, but now way would 2 balls get through. If that's regulation size, than guys should be shooting like 80% from the field.

I didn't read the rest of the thread yet but it is fact that two regulation basketballs can fit side by side in a rim.

I will look for an actual article on it but on here it is seventh from the bottom on the person's list.

http://www.snopes.com/message/ultimatebb.p...000418/p/1.html

QUOTE(danman31 @ Feb 1, 2005 -> 10:00 PM)
If you look at the slomo her color is off. She looks too defined while the basket is clearly blurred. Basically what I'm trying to say is that the lighting in the room she is in when they filmed this for the faking is much different from the lighting of the gym. She is too bright.

I was thinking that the basketball net was edited in but the mesh of the net looks too real as she passes throught it.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Feb 2, 2005 -> 04:30 AM)
I didn't read the rest of the thread yet but it is fact that two regulation basketballs can fit side by side in a rim.

I will look for an actual article on it but on here it is seventh from the bottom on the person's list.

http://www.snopes.com/message/ultimatebb.p...000418/p/1.html

A quote from that thread:

not sure if we're still debating the true-ness of the UL, but my old PE teacher used to fit 2 basketballs through a hoop at the start of every year and say "if i can get 2 through, you can get one"