Big Ten Tournment Tickets

Hey fellas,

Not being able to touch an Illini game ticket down here at school, my folks and I are looking for Big Ten Tourny tickets back at home.

Do any you of U of I guys, or anyone else for that matter, have a lead on tickets or know where to check? Ideally, I'd love to pay face value, but if we have to overpay, so be it.

Thanks everyone! :cheers

Skip the first Illini game.

Then go buy tickets from other teams' fans who get eliminated. Since most of them probly bought tickets to all sessions, once their team is gone, they'll be looking to sell immediately. You should be able to find tickets for a decent price by doing this.

Look on Ebay for a seller that is in Illinois. They can't legally sell the tickets for over face value (shipping doesn't count). In fact, Ebay won't let them accept bids over face. I ran into this issue while trying to get Rolling Stones tickets a couple of years back, they won't let anyone selling tickets that is from Illinois accept bids for over face or anyone from Illinois bid over face.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Feb 2, 2005 -> 05:23 PM)

Then go buy tickets from other teams' fans who get eliminated.  Since most of them probly bought tickets to all sessions, once their team is gone, they'll be looking to sell immediately. You should be able to find tickets for a decent price by doing this.

This is good advice for any tournament action, including NCAA Tournament games.

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Feb 3, 2005 -> 03:28 AM)
Look on Ebay for a seller that is in Illinois. They can't legally sell the tickets for over face value (shipping doesn't count). In fact, Ebay won't let them accept bids over face. I ran into this issue while trying to get Rolling Stones tickets a couple of years back, they won't let anyone selling tickets that is from Illinois accept bids for over face or anyone from Illinois bid over face.

So I could sell tickets for $32.00 (let's assume that is face value) and charge $100 shipping and handling? lol

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Feb 3, 2005 -> 03:39 AM)
So I could sell tickets for $32.00 (let's assume that is face value) and charge $100 shipping and handling?  lol

Actually the real trick people try to do is include a program or sweatshirt so they can claim that it is not merely the tickets being bid on. They have some kind of rule that other items must have real value. I'm sure that there is something similar regarding shipping. I don't have a lot of experience with it, I just remember the hassle in getting those damn Stones tickets, ended up having to make a deal with an E-bay seller without going through E-bay.

Barring something truly disastrous the Illini route will be through Indianapolis and Chicago. They are a virtual lock for a #1 seed and they would likely place them in the nearest region because of the pod system. The only way they could not end up in that region is if the are the 3rd or 4th ranked one seed and they put Kansas as the #1 from that bracket, but I doubt the Illini will do anything to cause that.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Feb 2, 2005 -> 09:23 AM)

Then go buy tickets from other teams' fans who get eliminated.  Since most of them probly bought tickets to all sessions, once their team is gone, they'll be looking to sell immediately. You should be able to find tickets for a decent price by doing this.

And what happens when the Illini go out in the first round...to the Hawkeyes

It may not of happened the first time, but they will fall :headbang

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Feb 2, 2005 -> 11:08 PM)
And what happens when the Illini go out in the first round...to the Hawkeyes

It may not of happened the first time, but they will fall  :headbang

So you're saying Iowa will be the 8 or 9 seed in the Big Ten? I guess it could happen now that Pierre Pierce is out. :)

But that is good advice for anyone looking for tickets to the tournament. My dad and I go every year and tickets are never at a shortage. With only 4 teams advancing to Saturday, and lots of fans from Illinois, MSU, Indiana, Iowa, Wisconsin at the games one of these teams has to lose and the fans are always looking to get rid of tickets. You may even want to get up there Friday so you're there right when they lose to get them really cheap.

Buying from eliminated teams' fans is how i might have to get some tickets this year.

Last year in Atlanta, right after we lost, i had my tickets in my hand walking back to the hotel. I got majorly lowballed by some Duke fans, so i wasn't about to sell them. I ended up taking mine and my friends tickets to the concierge (sp?) and asking him if he knew of anyone who needed em. Like clockwork, xavier fans started pouring in to the hotel and we were able to sell them for basically face value the next day, i think just a little less.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Feb 1, 2005 -> 08:06 PM)
Hey fellas,

Not being able to touch an Illini game ticket down here at school, my folks and I are looking for Big Ten Tourny tickets back at home. 

Do any you of U of I guys, or anyone else for that matter, have a lead on tickets or know where to check?  Ideally, I'd love to pay face value, but if we have to overpay, so be it.

Thanks everyone! :cheers

I was just on Ticketmaster.com and there are tickets available for both Friday sessions. Tickets are up in the 300 level though.

From chicagosports.com

If you want to attend the Big Ten men's basketball tournament, you still can. Conference officials report that the 100 and 200 levels of the United Center are sold out for the March 10-13 event but that a limited number of tickets are still available—fewer than 500 for Saturday's semifinals and Sunday's championship game.

Single-session tickets range from $20 to $75 based on seat location and session. Tickets are available at the United Center box office, Ticketmaster outlets (312-559-1212) or www.ticketmaster.com.

If the Illini are seeded No. 1, they would open up quarterfinal play at 11 a.m. March 11. With a win, they would advance to the 12:40 semifinal March 12.

The title game, which will be aired on WBBM-Ch. 2, is scheduled for 2:30 p.m. on March 13