Top Prospects

AnthraxFan93

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Feb 2, 2005 -> 03:01 PM)
And for the other record on the record.. I hope I can eat my words and we Win a DIv title and beyond...Just this team has more "if" than certainties(sp)

I don't understand why you say that this team has more "if's" that certanties.

Sure, there are a bunch on this team -- but you could say the same for just about every team in the majors...

For example (not that I want this to be a Sox/Cubs thing)

Some of the "if's" on the Sox are:

-If Podsednik doesn't revert back to 2003.

-If Dye/El Duque get injured again.

-If Crede isn't the prospect we all had hoped he was going to be.

-If Uribe/Iguchi can't play like they did last season.

-If Shingo can't hold down the closers role.

-If Pierzynski f***s up our clubhouse chemistry, if we have any.

-If Thomas, upon returning, plays really poorly.

But, look at the Cubs:

-If Burnitz is really, really bad (which is a good possibility...).

-If Hairston reinjures himself.

-If Nomar's achilles acts up again.

-If Aramis reverts to the norm (three seasons prior to last year, wasn't his OPS in the .700's? Why the big jump?)

-If Michael Barrett reverts back to his old self.

-If no one can hold down the closers role (which is also a good possibility).

-If Wood/Prior can't stay healthy.

-If Rusch can't hold down the fifth starter's spot.

If you want to be picky, you can grab a lot of "if's" from each and every team. I could do the same thing to the Yankees, believe it or not, too.

Sure, this team has some question marks, I don't think anyone will deny that.

But, what people won't deny -- and what I don't think even you, Anthrax, can deny, is:

-This bullpen that Kenny has assembled has the chance to be the best since, '93? Better?

-This staff finally has five pitchers who, each guy in the rotation should give you a great chance to win each and every time out. Even if El Duque is only able to give us 80-120 (God forbid, but there's a good possiblity it plays out like that), that's 80-120 more innings that Felix Diaz, or whoever the spot starter is, won't be pitching.

-This lineup, top to bottom, has no easy out. If Joe Crede is our worst hitter -- and he hits like he did last year, .240 ish average or so, which I doubt happens-- that's still an awesome f***ing lineup. Either way you look at it, there's power and speed from top to bottom in the lineup, and like I said -- no easy out, top to bottom. A lot of guys on this team, if they get hot, can carry a team.

You see KW the way you see him......everyone else sees him as they see him. Who cares that they see him differently than you.....move on and quit posting the same s*** every week and in every topic....we get the point that you don't like KW.

Exactly how many minds have you changed on KW in your 3 months on this board....i bet it's less than 1%.

It's getting boring and old.....

You see KW the way you  see him......everyone else sees him as they see him.  Who cares that they see him differently than you.....move on and quit posting the same s*** every week and in every topic....we get the point that you don't like KW.

Exactly how many minds have you changed on KW in your 3 months on this board....i bet it's less than 1%.

It's getting boring and old.....

If you don't like what I post.. don't read it..People hate reading the truth.. as you do.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Feb 2, 2005 -> 02:30 PM)
If you don't like what I post.. don't read it..People hate reading the truth.. as you do.

and the truth is.....that you hate Kenny??? ok

I was going to start a thread on how much I hate black licorice, but I realize that people do indeed hate the truth.

Fact is, coming from a person who apparently just aquires favorite teams, i couldnt care less about what you think of our prospects. Getting info from espn (the truth) last year would've definatley proven that BMAC was pretty much worthless to our franchise, which now we know is not the truth. I would put little stock in what these "experts" think anyway, especially with the percentage of the never-fail prospects that dont quite turn out.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Feb 2, 2005 -> 08:37 AM)
I think you mean Kenny is the Joke.. How many Div Titles do we have under him.. anyone ???

People we changed managers and now players when this year fails.. who is to blame?  Herb Schiender?  Jimmy the Hot Dog Vendor.. When it comes down to it.. The GM is to blame period.  Fire KW lets get a GM who knows what he is doing.. I read a another post and it sums up KW to a tee..

KW gm's like he played.

How true is that

Hell, why not blame Herb Schiender since there is no person in the sox organization with that name.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Feb 2, 2005 -> 09:27 AM)
No. A typo is where you hit the wrong key, or miss one, or hit an extra one.  Spelling "self" as "selve" is not a typo.

Oh great, a grammar nazi. Save it.

As for the list:

Crain

Meyer

Street

Hahahahahahahaha, that's golden.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Feb 2, 2005 -> 02:30 PM)

It's not the truth....it's your "opinion"

I like to read people's opinions.....some I like and some I dont. You seem to keep posting opinions I don't like...though some of your threads/posts make sense. I don't like reading the same thing about KW from you all the time. It's repetitive, and gets boring.

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Feb 2, 2005 -> 03:26 PM)
Oh great, a grammar nazi. Save it.

As for the list:

Crain

Meyer

Street

Hahahahahahahaha, that's golden.

When someone makes a fool out of them "selve" and I want to point it out, I will. If you don't like it .... tough s***.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Feb 3, 2005 -> 01:37 AM)
I think you mean Kenny is the Joke.. How many Div Titles do we have under him.. anyone ???

People we changed managers and now players when this year fails.. who is to blame?  Herb Schiender?  Jimmy the Hot Dog Vendor.. When it comes down to it.. The GM is to blame period.  Fire KW lets get a GM who knows what he is doing.. I read a another post and it sums up KW to a tee..

KW gm's like he played.

How true is that

So you're basically giving up on the season already?