A proper title escapes me at this moment..

Steff

http://www.katc.com/Global/story.asp?S=2889747

NEW YORK Officials in New York are investigating the death of a baby boy who contracted herpes after being circumcised by a rabbi.

Two other boys have also contracted the disease after being circumcised by the same rabbi. The baby died in October, ten days after undergoing the procedure.

Has anyone ever heard of such a thing..??? Using his mouth..??

NEW YORK (AP) -- City health officials are investigating the death of a baby boy who was one of three infants to contract herpes after a rabbi circumcised them. Ten days after Rabbi Yitzhok Fischer performed religious circumcisions on twins last October, one died of herpes and the other tested positive for the virus, according to complaint filed by the health department in Manhattan Supreme Court. The complaint, reported in Wednesday's edition of the New York Daily News, also said health officials later found a third baby who had contracted herpes after being circumcised by Fischer in late 2003.

Under Jewish law, a mohel -- someone who performs circumcisions -- draws blood from the circumcision wound. Most mohels do it by hand, but Fischer uses a rare practice where he uses his mouth.

Fischer's lawyer, Mark Kurzmann, told the Daily News that Fischer was cooperating with the investigation, although it's unclear whether Fischer submitted to the city's request for a blood test. "My client is known internationally as a caring, skilled, and conscientious mohel," Kurzmann said.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/02/02/ci...h.ap/index.html

QUOTE(Steff @ Feb 2, 2005 -> 08:50 AM)
Has anyone ever heard of such a thing..??? Using his mouth..??

NEW YORK (AP) -- City health officials are investigating the death of a baby boy who was one of three infants to contract herpes after a rabbi circumcised them. Ten days after Rabbi Yitzhok Fischer performed religious circumcisions on twins last October, one died of herpes and the other tested positive for the virus, according to complaint filed by the health department in Manhattan Supreme Court. The complaint, reported in Wednesday's edition of the New York Daily News, also said health officials later found a third baby who had contracted herpes after being circumcised by Fischer in late 2003.

Under Jewish law, a mohel -- someone who performs circumcisions -- draws blood from the circumcision wound. Most mohels do it by hand, but Fischer uses a rare practice where he uses his mouth.

Fischer's lawyer, Mark Kurzmann, told the Daily News that Fischer was cooperating with the investigation, although it's unclear whether Fischer submitted to the city's request for a blood test. "My client is known internationally as a caring, skilled, and conscientious mohel," Kurzmann said.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/02/02/ci...h.ap/index.html

To compound upon my "jews can't dance" thread...this too....also bad!!

Edited by Controlled Chaos

QUOTE(Steff @ Feb 2, 2005 -> 09:12 AM)
I'd bet this guy has some inquiries into his past.. possible pedophile issues would not surprise me one bit. Poor families..

Actually the practice of drawing by mouth goes back centuries. I wouldn't jump to the pedephile issue.

OK, I still can't get this one otta my head. Can anyone explain the proceure to me?? I always assumed it was sliced off, is it chewed off?

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Feb 2, 2005 -> 09:26 PM)
So let me get this straight... You actually PAY someone to gnaw part of your son's penis off?  :headshake

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Feb 3, 2005 -> 11:28 AM)
OK, I still can't get this one otta my head. Can anyone explain the proceure to me??  I always assumed it was sliced off, is it chewed off?

This is a link to the proceedure.. I'll warn ya, it's very gross. I didn't get past the first few items. I imagine it gets worse as you read on.. :puke

http://www.come-and-hear.com/editor/br_4.html

Wow, I don't mean to be disrespectful to people's beliefs, but WOW.

QUOTE(Steff @ Feb 3, 2005 -> 05:31 PM)
This is a link to the proceedure.. I'll warn ya, it's very gross. I didn't get past the first few items. I imagine it gets worse as you read on..  :puke

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Feb 3, 2005 -> 11:38 AM)
Wow, I don't mean to be disrespectful to people's beliefs, but WOW.

I agree. I mean.. why, if it's (clearly) not the best way to perform the proceedure, would they continue to do so. Especially for the health and comfort of their flesh and blood..?? :huh

QUOTE(Steff @ Feb 3, 2005 -> 05:44 PM)
I agree. I mean.. why, if it's (clearly) not the best way to perform the proceedure, would they continue to do so. Especially for the health and comfort of their flesh and blood..??  :huh

That's the point, there is no asking why? Even though it could be a health hazard. Why do some Muslims see the only way of proving a point is by suicide bombing? As I'm sure you know, in religion, and especially any orthodox sect of religion, you do it because it's written that way. Then, it's up to G-d.

QUOTE(Steff @ Feb 3, 2005 -> 11:31 AM)
This is a link to the proceedure.. I'll warn ya, it's very gross. I didn't get past the first few items. I imagine it gets worse as you read on..  :puke

You know a pedofile came up with that idea. Sick freaks. :chair