Dave Wills

whitesox91403

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ Feb 3, 2005 -> 12:28 PM)
not for the devil rays!

It's not like its the Cubs or something...

If I had a chance to play professional baseball and it happened to be the D-rays who drafted me I sure as hell wouldn't say no...

Even Jerry Hairiston, who grew up a Sox fan, is playing for the Cubs.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Feb 3, 2005 -> 12:30 PM)
Obviously, that is his dream and priority.   To someone else, working in a lesser role or capacity, but staying with the Sox, the team you love, might be more important.

I imagine broadcasting is one of those fields where the goal is to have ones own show. I can't imagine many broadcasters continue to work in a role that has no advancement unless that's their desire. Dave has long said (since '96 publically that I'm aware of anyway) that he wanted a larger role. Obviously the Sox were not willing to give him that role at this point. I'm all for following your dreams and making things happen, and I wish Dave all the best.

How do we go about getting that feed for the games against the Sox?

QUOTE(Steff @ Feb 3, 2005 -> 06:34 PM)
I imagine broadcasting is one of those fields where the goal is to have ones own show. I can't imagine many broadcasters continue to work in a role that has no advancement unless that's their desire. Dave has long said (since '96 publically that I'm aware of anyway) that he wanted a larger role. Obviously the Sox were not willing to give him that role at this point. I'm all for following your dreams and making things happen, and I wish Dave all the best.

answering an earlier question... I believe Farmer grew up a Sox fan and Rooney grew up a Cardinals fan...

when you play baseball or are involved in broadcasting the only fair thing to your family and yourself is to treat it as a business... Jody Gerut grew up a Sox fan, now plays for the Indians, a big rival for the Sox at one point... but what was he supposed to do, say no?

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Feb 3, 2005 -> 08:16 PM)
I think Dave Wills is going to try to use this as leverage to get a promise that the Rooney position will be his in a year or two, presumably when Hawk retires. That is just my opinion on the whole thing.

I see hawk as dying in the booth, I don't see him quitting anytime soon (of course now that I've typed this we will hear an announcement that he's retired!)

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Feb 3, 2005 -> 04:25 PM)
Meh.

His die-hard act got real old after a couple seasons.  Good luck in TB.

...and c'mon Melissa.  This has NOTHING to do with $$.  Its a stepping-stone, its a career move.  Money?  Please.

sorry, it was just a joke :unsure:

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Feb 3, 2005 -> 04:25 PM)
Meh.

His die-hard act got real old after a couple seasons.  Good luck in TB.

...and c'mon Melissa.  This has NOTHING to do with $$.  Its a stepping-stone, its a career move.  Money?  Please.

How does it not??? He will be making more money with that job...sure it's a good career move and a stepping-stone...but the money has atleast SOMETHING to do with this.

QUOTE(TheBlackSox8 @ Feb 3, 2005 -> 04:33 PM)
How does it not??? He will be making more money with that job...sure it's a good career move and a stepping-stone...but the money has atleast SOMETHING to do with this.

Of course it did. Money has something to do with everything. In this case.. the job and the move up was more important though which is what I think Addison meant.

QUOTE(Steff @ Feb 3, 2005 -> 04:35 PM)
Of course it did. Money has something to do with everything. In this case.. the job and the move up was more important though which is what I think Addison meant.

That's what i thought he meant....but i thought i would say that the money at least means something...after he said it meant nothing.

LOL....money has everything to do with everything....or at least it does to me. :lolhitting

QUOTE(Steff @ Feb 3, 2005 -> 04:35 PM)

Yes, that's exactly what I meant.

EDIT: It's important to note the conotation Melissa was giving it, comparing Wills to Maggs.

QUOTE(TheBlackSox8 @ Feb 3, 2005 -> 04:39 PM)
That's what i thought he meant....but i thought i would say that the money at least means something...after he said it meant nothing.

LOL....money has everything to do with everything....or at least it does to me. :lolhitting

Sometimes you guys are way to technical.. :P

QUOTE(TheBlackSox8 @ Feb 3, 2005 -> 04:47 PM)
she did say it was a joke though.... :huh

you replied long after that was clear.

Perhaps he just read the first post and commented. Sometimes I don't read the entire thread before replying. :huh

QUOTE(Steff @ Feb 3, 2005 -> 04:50 PM)
Perhaps he just read the first post and commented. Sometimes I don't read the entire thread before replying.  :huh

i'm the same way...but i don't read the big posts that are like 4 paragraphs if the thread is too long. If it's just a small post i'll glimpse at it :bang