Tuesday's game

clujer420

D'angelo ropes a single up the middle and Alomar comes in and the Sox got the lead :headbang

Beautiful swing by D'ang!!!

Come on Manos, nows the time to get one through. You've hit it hard all day.

Cleveland is making a pitching change bringing on the lefty.

Does JM put Graffy in?

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

D'angelo ropes a single up the middle and Alomar comes in and the Sox got the lead  :headbang

Beautiful swing by D'ang!!!

Come on Manos, nows the time to get one through.  You've hit it hard all day. 

Cleveland is making a pitching change bringing on the lefty. 

Does JM put Graffy in?

He probably will....but I wouldn't. Not only is Jose seeing the ball really well today(which means he'll probably see it well from the right-side of the plate as well....and he is a pro hitter....he can hit the ball well occassionally from both sides of the plate), but we need him up there....it's going to work out.

He'll hit a little seeing eye single that will score DJ.....simply because he's gotten robbed 3 previous times today.

Well, that's what I hope happens.

Top 7

Jose Santiago in for Rodriguez (thankfully...i think)

- Lee (0-2)....bunt foul, strike looking, ball, strikeout looking (ugh)

1 out

- Crede (1-2; single, run scored)....ball, strike looking, foul, ball, beautiful basehit into LF

1 out, runner on 1st

- Rowand (0-1; sac bunt)....strike looking, grounder to Vizquel, who makes a pretty nice bare-handed play and throws out Aaron (really no need for the bare hand, but oh well)

2 out, runner now on 2nd

- Alomar (1-2; double, RBI)....strike looking, strike swinging, ball, ball, foul, foul, foul, RBI DOUBLE FOR SANDY.......ATTA BOY!!!!!! 2-2 game

- Jimenez (1-3; double)....strike looking, ball, YEAHHHHHHHHH BABY!!!!!!! basehit to RF, SOX LEAD IT 3-2

Tribe going to the bullpen, and they're bringing in Carl Sadler (lefty)

- Valentin (0-3; could easily be 2-3)....ball, popout to 2nd

2 runs, 3 hits, 1 left, and at the end of 6 1/2, the Sox lead it 3-2

Well Manos pops out. I probably would of pinch hit him in that situation with Graffy.

Get used to Jose batting from the right side. He played all off-season putting emphasis on right-handed swing. Last year he hit a grand slam from right side. Graffanino's era is over.

Well Manos pops out. I probably would of pinch hit him in that situation with Graffy.

Get used to Jose batting from the right side. He played all off-season putting emphasis on right-handed swing. Last year he hit a grand slam from right side. Graffanino's era is over.

Well Manuel has pretty much stated Graffy will play against almost all lefties.

Graffy's still a helluva backup IF and brings a good bat as a PH.

Players like him ALWAYS find homes. I really like him in Chicago....because he brings a little pop off the bench. Very nice.

We must be going 2000-style....using Jose as much as possible.

Flash Gordon is in. Hopefully he's looking sharp. I don't think I would of brought him in considering how cold it is, although I have the utmost confidence in Flash.

He goes up 1-2 and then gives up a shot off the top of the wall for a double by Casey Blake.

Damn......pop up

Glover Marte Koch

Lets get em and go home.

Why dont we send Bartolo back in? Im not watching the game so I dont know if he has his best stuff today but he had a good outting... :huh:

way of 100 pitches thats why.

Damn......pop up

Glover Marte Koch

Lets get em and go home.

Why dont we send Bartolo back in? Im not watching the game so I dont know if he has his best stuff today but he had a good outting... :huh:

Because he's at like 110 pitches or so(I assume).

Colon is a freak of nature that can throw 140 pitches if necessary....but you do not overwork a pitcher, especially when it is freezing ass cold out there....and he's wearing short-sleeves.

These 2 strike hits are starting to really get on my nerves.

Im not sure if we are just not hitting our spots or what, but its been pretty damn annoying to see our pitchers up in the count and then give up a hit.

Its understandble if they are getting singles, but we should not be giving them anything great to hit that ahead in the count.

SB

Well Manuel has pretty much stated Graffy will play against almost all lefties

Except that Jose needs and wants to play nearly every day (I agree to let him sit against Zito and stuff) and if he continues to kill thew ball from left side, Mahuel will succumb. In 2000, Jose was respectable from the right side and now he is putting more focus on mechianics.

Let them battle it out. Graff has the edge for now.