I really dont like flash.

RedPinStripes

Flash looked fine to me. The double was on a pitch way up and in and Omar is just killing the Sox right now. He's crushing the ball. That wasn't a bad pitch either. He looked real good against the other batters as well.

I chalk this one up to tough luck. But its a tie game, marte is coming in the heart of the order is due up for the Sox. Were gonna win this one :headbang

Flash looked fine to me.  The double was on a pitch way up and in and Omar is just killing the Sox right now.  He's crushing the ball.  That wasn't a bad pitch either.  He looked real good against the other batters as well.  

I chalk this one up to tough luck.  But its a tie game, marte is coming in the heart of the order is due up for the Sox.  Were gonna win this one  :headbang

Somebody peg Omar right in the thigh. Thatll slow him down for sure. A Koch heater right in the butt. Bang! Hot streak over... :headbang :headbang

His curve and fastball were sharp and the two hits they had wren't on hangers. There is nothing you can do about that other then say damn and go onto the next batter.

If he were hanging the pitches or throwing them down the tube or falling behind the hitters, I'd say it was crappy pitching. But he looked sharp out there. He was throwing strikes and his pitches had good bite.

he's not fooling teh batters though. Gary Glover has wicked movement, but when he cant hit the corners he looks like a AA pitcher. Nothing is good about a leadoff double and a run in 2/3 of an inning. when you had the lead. It's not the first time this year he blew the lead either. I personally think he's washed up and if he points to the sky after K-ing someone when he just gave up the lead or the Sox are losing, i might have to hold back from shooting him. It's classless and stupid.

I'm not gonna make any rulings on Flash yet, he's not looked sharp but not altogether horrible either.  He did get that big strikeout with 1 out on Matt Lawton instead of giving up a pussy sac fly.

it's the "ex cub factor" . How many Ex-cubs have we had actually helped us?

Jerry Manuel should have taken him out before Omar. Then he should have put in Marte. Manuel sucks. Just fire him now, he has no clue what hes doing. And our bullpen sucks too with the exception of Koch and Marte. Gordon and White have both stunk... :angry:

We're still winning, in SPITE of Manuel's moronics. Let's pull this one out White Sox.

I'm not gonna make any rulings on Flash yet, he's not looked sharp but not altogether horrible either.  He did get that big strikeout with 1 out on Matt Lawton instead of giving up a pussy sac fly.

Jon Garland you moron.

I'm not gonna make any rulings on Flash yet, he's not looked sharp but not altogether horrible either.  He did get that big strikeout with 1 out on Matt Lawton instead of giving up a pussy sac fly.

Jon Garland you moron.

He never played a MLB game with them as far as i know dickhead.

G Bell gave us a good enough season -

Earl Averill, Jr. caught well (didn;t hit well enough)

that would be it, I think

I always have tredidation over the exCub factor

I will disagree, Flash hasnt played that amazing yet, but I say by midseason he will give you shut out innings 6 out of 7 appearances. Hell probably finish the season with an era around the 3 range and will be a big part of many White Sox victorys.

The only negative Ive heard about Gordon is his health. He was an above average closer for most of his career, and does have above average stuff, with a curve that can be unhittable.

I just think it is to early to start on peoples cases, quite frankly Id much rather have Flash in there then White, Osuna, or Biddle for one inning.

I hope that Im right.

SB

He was an above average closer for most of his career

Yeah, especially when he saved 45 out of 46 games at Fenway Park one year.

and does have above average stuff, with a curve that can be unhittable

You can hardly call 93-96 mph fastball "average"

We seem to keep having a solid guy to give us middle relief so far this year. I wonder who it is going to be to step up and be able to pitch the 6th and 7th innings?

I personally wish they would give Glover the shot at it. In the short time he was the middle man last year he was lights out. Give GG another shot until Flash or White prove that they can do the job still.

We seem to keep having a solid guy to give us middle relief so far this year.  I wonder who it is going to be to step up and be able to pitch the 6th and 7th innings? 

I personally wish they would give Glover the shot at it.  In the short time he was the middle man last year he was lights out.  Give GG another shot until Flash or White prove that they can do the job still.

Glover is the only guy in the bullpen that can go more than an inning....and he can go 3 or 4 at a time if necessary.

Stewart does fall into the category now though. We have 2 long relievers....and there is nothing wrong with that.