Fright Film Finishes First

Yoda

boogeyman_releaseposter.jpg

1.) Boogeyman $19,500,000

2.) The Wedding Date $10,994,000

3.) Are We There Yet? $10,400,000

4.) Hide and Seek $8,900,000

5.) Million Dollar Baby $8,770,000

Moviegoers showed once again how their thirst for scary films is virtually unquenchable powering the new fright flick Boogeyman to the number one spot over Super Bowl weekend. Meanwhile, football widows lined up for the romantic comedy The Wedding Date which finished in second place with strong results of its own. Most major holdovers performed well including the three Oscar nominees for Best Picture which continued to cruise in the top ten with declines of less than 30% each.

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Feb 6, 2005 -> 08:33 PM)
It's a damn shame that Are We There Yet? could still be in 3rd place with such acclaimed films as Hotel Rwanda, Million Dollar Baby and Sideways also available to see.

I finally saw sideways this weekend, and it was very good. I rewatched American Splendor last night because Sideways put me in the mood for it, and it remains absolutely brilliant. Giamati is a really talented actor.

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Feb 7, 2005 -> 01:33 AM)
It's a damn shame that Are We There Yet? could still be in 3rd place with such acclaimed films as Hotel Rwanda, Million Dollar Baby and Sideways also available to see.

The number of screen the movies play on is a problem. Hotel Rwanda and Million Dollar baby are probably not on as many as "Are We There yet?" but I agree. Hopefully, I'll get my butt to see "Sideways" tomorrow.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Feb 6, 2005 -> 07:58 PM)
I finally saw sideways this weekend, and it was very good.  I rewatched American Splendor last night because Sideways put me in the mood for it, and it remains absolutely brilliant.  Giamati is a really talented actor.

I finally saw Million Dollar Baby this afternoon and it was really worth the $5.50 that I paid. Clint Eastwood, Hillary Swank, and Morgan Freeman shine in this film. I can see this movie being in my top ten of the year.