American Dad

Goldmember

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Mr. Zero @ Feb 7, 2005 -> 06:41 PM)
You guys banned him already, at least show the decency to not talk behind his back.

He asked ManofSteel to post he was coming back. I only mentioned he was the expert on American Dad and wished he was around to offer insight. IIRC he knew way more than anyone about the new series. He was the first to post the link to the new series and download the preview.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 7, 2005 -> 08:22 PM)
He asked ManofSteel to post he was coming back. I only mentioned he was the expert on American Dad and wished he was around to offer insight. IIRC he knew way more than anyone about the new series. He was the first to post the link to the new series and download the preview.

I was looking through an American-Dad Forum and I saw that there was a guy on there named Knucklesox, I read a couple of posts of him and believe me it's him. Those guys are f***ing obsessed with a show that's only aired one episode.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Feb 7, 2005 -> 08:34 PM)
I was looking through an American-Dad Forum and I saw that there was a guy on there named Knucklesox, I read a couple of posts of him and believe me it's him. Those guys are f***ing obsessed with a show that's only aired one episode.

OMG, there's a fan site already?

I checked out amerciandad.com I don't think it's the same.

Edited by Texsox

QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 7, 2005 -> 10:20 PM)
OMG, there's a fan site already?

I checked out amerciandad.com I don't think it's the same.

There's a site called Planet-American Dad...

http://planet-americandad.com/main.php

It's been up preety much since it came out that Fox had picked it up..

QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ Feb 7, 2005 -> 10:45 PM)
There's a site called Planet-American Dad...

http://planet-americandad.com/main.php

It's been up preety much since it came out that Fox had picked it up..

Those are the guys that worship anything and everything that comes from Seth McFarlanes pencil.

QUOTE(Cali @ Feb 7, 2005 -> 10:49 PM)
I liked it. Just look at the Family Guy Pilot. It sucked ass, give AD a little more time.

Can't wait for the Seth MacFarland Animated Power Hour starting May 1st  :headbang

What in the hell are you talking about. I watched the family guy pilot. It a classic episode and totally hilarious, I was hooked the moment.

That courtroom scene with Peter and the welfare scam.

"I was going to report it but my favorite episode of different strokes was on."

Face facts buddy. Family Guy was gold from DAY 1 and American Dad has started off as a stinker. IMO it could come back and be ok but don't pretend the Pilot of Family Guy sucked.

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Feb 7, 2005 -> 11:03 PM)
What in the hell are you talking about. I watched the family guy pilot. It a classic episode and totally hilarious, I was hooked the moment.

Face facts buddy. Family Guy was gold from DAY 1 and American Dad has started off as a stinker. IMO it could come back and be ok but don't pretend the Pilot of Family Guy sucked.

Gold from day 1? Is that why Fox pulled it and it ended up on Adult Swim, someone resurrecting its life?

Just because FOX cancelled the show doesn't mean it sucked. They've been known to take good shows off the air over the years including one of my favs Freaks and Geeks. I can't comment on whether or not the pilot of Family Guy was good though cause I haven't seen it. just sayin'

QUOTE(Mr. Zero @ Feb 7, 2005 -> 11:48 PM)
Gold from day 1? Is that why Fox pulled it and it ended up on Adult Swim, someone resurrecting its life?

Fox pulled it because they had the bright idea to run it against Friends. Plus they jerked around the time slot.

Buy the DVD and watch it and tell me that it wasn't dead on funny from the beginning.

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Feb 7, 2005 -> 11:54 PM)
Fox pulled it because they had the bright idea to run it against Friends. Plus they jerked around the time slot.

Buy the DVD and watch it and tell me that it wasn't dead on funny from the beginning.

it was also pulled due to how politically incorrect it was and had companies like coca-cola and phillip morris pulling ads...

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Feb 7, 2005 -> 09:03 PM)

Compared to the later and better episodes it was not very good. The pilot is a lot different from where it would up. Storylines, Cutbacks, Voice actors(mainly Meg) Voice sound(mainly Lois) are different. That doesn't mean anything. Most Pilots aren't really good compared to later episdoes and understandable so, Pilots are filmed long before they are picked up. Hairstyles may be different etc. I mean look at the Seinfeld Pilot compared to any of the classics.

Family Guy wasn't gold from the start and even Seth MacFarland would admit that. He even said on the FG DVD commentaries and other interviews that he didn't really think the show really started to gel until season 3.