Batspeed

BrandoFan

Frank's OBP is .500.

OK I just want to ask, so what? Frank is hitting .238. He has 5 hits and 8 walks which is what gives him his huge OBP. My question is why would you use his 8 walks to justify his bat speed? That doesn't make any sense to me?

When someone has an OBP near .500, you should not complain about his swing. That was my point. And I will revert back to my statement that Frank is a slow starter, and his numbers will improve as the season progresses.

When someone has an OBP near .500, you should not complain about his swing

How about when someone is hitting .238 and has been s*** all of previous year, should you then at least wonder if something is wrong with his batspeed, perhaps?

When someone has an OBP near .500, you should not complain about his swing

How about when someone is hitting .238 and has been s*** all of previous year, should you then at least wonder if something is wrong with his batspeed, perhaps?

By all accounts, it takes 2 full years to recover from the INJURY that he suffered in 2001 (you DO remember that, don't you?). 2001 was year #1...2002 was year #2. That means that this year he should be back to normal. If, come late-May or June, his average is still .238, then yes, there is a ton of reason to be concerned. But, I do not see that happening.

Also, at this point of the season, it just takes a 3-4 game to make your avg. go from .238 to .300, so stats can be very deceptive to say the least.

By all accounts, it takes 2 full years to recover from the INJURY that he suffered in 2001

1. Are you a doctor? You seem think "2 years always" is the same as "sometimes up to 2 years"

2. He should have sat out last year if he wasn't 100%

3. The DP ball he just hit was not a mistake. Sosa kills it to left 450 feet-style.

1.  Are you a doctor?  You seem think "2 years always" is the same as "sometimes up to 2 years"

2.  He should have sat out last year if he wasn't 100%

3. The DP ball he just hit was not a mistake.  Sosa kills it to left 450 feet-style.

It's called giving a future HOF'er the benefit of the doubt. I feel he deserves it after all he's accomplished in his career.

If players sat out everytime they weren't 100%, almost every superstar would be bench warmers. Playing with injuries is part of the game -- sometimes you perform well with injuries, and sometimes you don't.