Williams baffled by parting shots

Mr. Showtime

Please read the 12/10/04 news link at MLB. Maggs was scared of never being able to play again. He contacted Thomas. Thomas put him in touch with Weil & Weil got the ball rolling for the Schraden treatment. He requested that Weil not contact the WhiteSox about anything they discussed.

Now that's clear factual evidence that Maggs was not disclosing his medical status with the White Sox. Since the Sox had a Dec deadline they needed to know what that status was. If Maggs was waiting for the Sox to over arbitration then he should have asked Weil or Thomas or make the call himself to KW & let him know what was going on.

I think we all can agree that trying to bluff your way to an arbitration offer is not being honest & sincere.

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Feb 9, 2005 -> 10:20 AM)
Please read the 12/10/04 news link at MLB.  Maggs was scared of never being able to play again.  He contacted Thomas.  Thomas put him in touch with Weil & Weil got the ball rolling for the Schraden treatment.  He requested that Weil not contact the WhiteSox about anything they discussed.

Now that's clear factual evidence that Maggs was not disclosing his medical status with the White Sox.  Since the Sox had a Dec deadline they needed to know what that status was.  If Maggs was waiting for the Sox to over arbitration then he should have asked Weil or Thomas or make the call himself to KW & let him know what was going on.

I think we all can agree that trying to bluff your way to an arbitration offer is not being honest & sincere.

If that's the case, then why should KW have offered arbitration? :huh

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Feb 9, 2005 -> 11:20 AM)
Please read the 12/10/04 news link at MLB.  Maggs was scared of never being able to play again.  He contacted Thomas.  Thomas put him in touch with Weil & Weil got the ball rolling for the Schraden treatment.  He requested that Weil not contact the WhiteSox about anything they discussed.

Now that's clear factual evidence that Maggs was not disclosing his medical status with the White Sox.  Since the Sox had a Dec deadline they needed to know what that status was.  If Maggs was waiting for the Sox to over arbitration then he should have asked Weil or Thomas or make the call himself to KW & let him know what was going on.

I never knew that stuff, that makes me look at him even worse than I had been already.

QUOTE(ChiSoxFan @ Feb 9, 2005 -> 11:10 AM)
If you paid me $14 million for less than 50 games in a year, I'd be happy to be "buried" like that.

On a side note, I'm still waiting for the Trib to print KW's response.  Surely they can obtain the feed from Whitesox.com. :rolly

How is he suppose to feed his family on that tiny salary, geez...sometimes you guys are so mean to the poor working class. :rolly

QUOTE(SuperSteve @ Feb 10, 2005 -> 10:42 AM)
How is he suppose to feed his family on that tiny salary, geez...sometimes you guys are so mean to the poor working class. :rolly

You damn right! How can his family eat on that pitiful amount? That's right Maggs. You hold out for the big payday. Show 'em who's boss. Damn the consequences. It's all about you, baby!

Signed,

Latrell Sprewell B)