NOLA Bourbo-Cam

FlaSoxxJim

There's only an hour or so lef before the BourbCam shuts down for the night - but it will be webcasting tomorrow (Fat Tuesday) from 9am-1am live from the corner of Bourbon and St. Peter (just up the road from Preservation Hall and Pat O'Briens for those that know the Quarter).

Seems like there was more rampant baring of the mammalian protruberences (read: boobies) last year, but maybe people are just warming up fro tomorrow.

Follow the link and pick your preferred Media Player. If the video feed snags up, the photo view refreshes every 20 secnds and is still pretty good.

http://www.nola.com

I went 3 years ago at the tender age of 18 with a few college buddies. Every day of that week we smuggled lunch meat and mayo packets out of the cafeteria, and the guy who drove worked at a bakery so he got a bunch of bread...

All we payed for was gas, lots of alcohol, and a cheap (but nice) motel that we split by 5. I can't imagine enjoying Mardi Gras any other way...

(Well, I can. Lots of money would have gotten us into all sorts of places...But we still had an amazing time.)

Just saw your sig, Jim. I thought I'd put it into context:

Woodward says the president told him that when he chairs a meeting he often tries to be provocative. When Woodward asked him if he tells his staff that he is purposely being provocative, Mr. Bush answered: "Of course not. I am the commander, see?"

President Bush: "I do not need to explain why I say things. — That's the interesting thing about being the President. — Maybe somebody needs to explain to me why they say something, but I don't feel like I owe anybody an explanation."

QUOTE(mreye @ Feb 8, 2005 -> 08:14 AM)
Just saw your sig, Jim. I thought I'd put it into context:

Many thanks, Eye. It's good to know that the comment is every bit as asinine as I thought it was. GWB of the poorly spent "political capital"could have chosen to answer the question in an informative and non-aggressive manner (e.g., 'I'll play devil's advocate in the meetings and make the staff have to justify their positions when taken to task...'). But instead he puts on the Edward G. Robinson tough guy routine with an, 'I'm the President, see... I don't owe anybody an explanation, see...'

The man just invariably says the stupidest things if the words are not on the teleprompt for him to read. He can't help himself.

QUOTE(Steff @ Feb 8, 2005 -> 09:51 AM)
It's not refreshing for me.. it's streaming in real time. I can even hear conversations. Pretty cool.

Yeah, that's the way it's supposed to work, but they get slammed with hits at Mardi Gras and it invariably gets bogged down.

The Cams are up year-round though (no MC though obviously). It's neat to tune in at odd times and see what's shaking on Bourbon Street during the year.

QUOTE(silver and black @ Feb 8, 2005 -> 05:26 PM)
so when will we roughly see some boobage?

There was some decent boobage in the 1:00 hour this afternoon. I actually had to close the cam feed at work...

There have been a couple of FAKE boobage cop outs in the last several minutes, but things are picking up now I think. :)

QUOTE(Man Of Steel @ Feb 9, 2005 -> 12:36 AM)
I cant get the video to work for me... I wanna see boobs  :crying

I'll get in trouble if I posted nekkid top shots... but maybe it's ok if they're painted?? [if not, Mod Squad please remove :cheers ]

The one was a pretty good paint job, but the shot is blurry. Then the other one just makes me chuckle. I also like the pantygram.

I just saw that one....... I have had it up off and on all night. Bourbon Street is crazy all the time for those that haven't been there. We were there in December of 2003 and on the weekend it was packed out after 11:00. Lots of breats then too. It is bigger on Mardi Gras obviously, but it goes on all the time.

On a normal weekend, you will see people stumbling down the middle of the street carrying a beer at 4 am. It's been me before, so I know. :)

I love stumbling around the Quarter, but I'm not crazy enough to brave Mardi Gras week. You're right Rex, there's always plenty to do/hear/drink/see. There's also like 1,000 people for every bathroom on Mardi Gras, and the one thing the NLPD does come down on is releiving ones' self in public.