Dent hired

Soxfest

Asst Defensive Line Coach

Dent Will Rejoin the Bears

By Jason Gage

Bearstalk.com

Richard Dent interviewed earlier this off-season to become the defensive line coach – but Larry Brooks was hired instead. Now his time has come after waiting to work for the beloved. On Tuesday, he was hired as the new assistant defensive line coach.

Dent provided an amazing pass rush throughout his career with the Bears. Now he will be asked to improve the Bears pass rush, which was non-existent last season. Dent plans on using his experience in the NFL to help the current Bears players. He went on to say, “I know what it takes, so I hope that I can pass that over to these guys”.

Dent, 42, is the Bears all time sack leader. He would of never reached that level if he didn’t receive valuable lessons from the coaches as well as his teammates. Dan Hampton is one of the players that taught Dent. Dent knows how valuable it is to teach and he believes he can do a lot to help the Bears defense, specifically, the pass rush.