Bulls Vs Rockets Thread

what a thread. you make one opinion and you get bombarded by 3 or 4 posters. Did my opinion of ec being the 2nd best center in the game really offend you all? Sure Z has better stats and deserves the all star game over eddy. My opinion is Over all eddy is better. If I was a gm and I had a choice I would pick eddy.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Feb 9, 2005 -> 04:44 PM)
what a thread. you make one opinion and you get bombarded by 3 or 4 posters. Did my opinion of ec being the 2nd best center in the game really offend you all? Sure Z has better stats and deserves the all star game over eddy. My opinion is Over all eddy is better. If I was a gm and I had a choice I would pick eddy.

Haha, so curry is a better rebounder, better at boxing out, and a better defender? :lol:

who is this wharris2 character?

i would take z anytime...

Technically that deal wouldn't work due to salary ramifications. But Ilkauskas is a pretty damn good center. I think Eddy will turn into a dominate center over the years though.

However, I think both teams are pretty happy with there respected players at this time. The only reason Cleveland would drop Ilg is due to his contract, not the way he plays though, imo.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Feb 9, 2005 -> 04:49 PM)
Technically that deal wouldn't work due to salary ramifications.  But Ilkauskas is a pretty damn good center.  I think Eddy will turn into a dominate center over the years though.

However, I think both teams are pretty happy with there respected players at this time.  The only reason Cleveland would drop Ilg is due to his contract, not the way he plays though, imo.

True, salary out the window though the deal would make lots of sense for cleveland.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Feb 9, 2005 -> 04:49 PM)
Technically that deal wouldn't work due to salary ramifications.  But Ilkauskas is a pretty damn good center.  I think Eddy will turn into a dominate center over the years though.

However, I think both teams are pretty happy with there respected players at this time.  The only reason Cleveland would drop Ilg is due to his contract, not the way he plays though, imo.

Ilgauskas has an expiring contract and like you said both teams are happy with what they have.

I don't think so just because Cleveland is winning right now and playing really good basketball. Right now, as of today, Ilk is the better center. A year from now that may not be the case and I think two or three years from now it definately won't be the case, but its not like Ilk is too old and is coming to retirement so I really think the Cavs would pass on that type of deal, unless of course James doesn't like Ilk or something along those lines.

I also think you can't look past the fact that curry is the worse rebounding center in the league and that probably ticks the hell out of Skiles. Luckily Deng is a good rebounder and AD/Chandler are both very good rebounders (overall the Bulls are a good rebounding team) because if not I don't know if they'd be as kind to Curry.

Defensively Eddy has majorly improved this season though.

Mutumbo came in and the Bulls absolutely took a dive. Luckily HInrich carried them back to 8 to close out the half. I think they still got a shot, call me crazy, simply because the Bulls couldn't of played worse and they are still in this game. Plus the Rockets played very very very well.

One thing I'm concerned about is that the Bulls may get tired considering they just played a tiring game against the Mavs. Luckily the travel time in these back to backs isn't much anything.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE(rangercal @ Feb 9, 2005 -> 04:35 PM)
Z Vs Eddy head to Head

Game 1 

E. Curry    25 8-18 0-0 2 2 4 0 3  0  2  0  20

Z. Ilgauskas C 35 6-15    0-0    1-1 4 5 9 2 4  1  4  0  13

Game 2 

Z. Ilgauskas C 34 5-11 0-0    3-4    4 3 7 0 4  1  2  4  13

E. Curry C 23 8-13 0-0 4-6 4 5 9 1 5  0  2  1  20

Time to call RangerCal out. I don't forget.

Chicago

Name Min FG 3Pt FT Off Reb Ast TO Stl Blk PF Pts 
  E. Curry 25 4-12 0-0 4-8 1 4 0 0 2 0 1 12 
  Z. Ilgauskas 38 8-12 0-0 17-19 2 8 0 4 1 7 5 33 

Eddy did a good job of being Z's b**** tonight.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Feb 24, 2005 -> 01:15 AM)
Time to call RangerCal out.  I don't forget.

Chicago

Name Min FG 3Pt FT Off Reb Ast TO Stl Blk PF Pts 
   E. Curry 25 4-12 0-0 4-8 1 4 0 0 2 0 1 12 
   Z. Ilgauskas 38 8-12 0-0 17-19 2 8 0 4 1 7 5 33 

Eddy did a good job of being Z's b**** tonight.

owned_bfcar.gif

Edited by qwerty

I was wrong. Z is better. Z is way better. Talent wise I think eddy is better. But Eddy needs a damn work ethic. I was dreading someone remembering this thread. Z dominated tonight 'nuff said. I owe you all a beer are something for all this damn trouble.

Im done defending Eddy curry.