Newborn tossed out of car window....

EvilJester99

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Feb 11, 2005 -> 09:10 AM)
I'm starting to think instead of abstence or protection, they need to start teaching about adoption. 

This is just sick.

The won't let us. Separation of Church and State and all.

Edited by mreye

In Chicago at least, if you drop off a newborn at a church, they will take him from you with no questions asked and no charges filed. I wonder how many people know that. Churches and the police don't really advertise that, probably in fear that they will turn into an unwanted baby drop off location.....or they think it promotes unprotected sex. I bet most of these people don't want a kid and think they will be forced to raise it if they go somewhere for help. Sad.

QUOTE(mreye @ Feb 11, 2005 -> 08:27 AM)
The won't let us. Separation of Church and State and all.

I don't even care who teaches it. Parenthood is a lesson just like anything else in life, and just like somethings, there are people who can't do it. We don't just give people the keys to a car and say "have at it", but yet anyone can raise a child. Its just sad really. That poor child.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Feb 11, 2005 -> 08:37 AM)
In Chicago at least, if you drop off a newborn at a church, they will take him from you with no questions asked and no charges filed.   I wonder how many people know that.   Churches and the police don't really advertise that, probably in fear that they will turn into an unwanted baby drop off location.....or they think it promotes unprotected sex.    I bet most of these people don't want a kid and think they will be forced to raise it if they go somewhere for help.   Sad.

Actually it's hospitals, police stations, and fire houses.

http://www.safeplacefornewborns.org/statefiles/il.html

Illinois:

You can leave your baby, up to 3 days old, with a staff member at any hospital, fire-station or police station in Illinois - no questions asked.

Edited by Steff

QUOTE(Steff @ Feb 11, 2005 -> 08:49 AM)

...and Flordia has the exact same way. These sickos were just too lazy to use it.

Kids are a blessing. These people deserve to be locked up...

Just :pray that baby winds up ok...

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Feb 11, 2005 -> 09:42 AM)
I don't even care who teaches it.  Parenthood is a lesson just like anything else in life, and just like somethings, there are people who can't do it.  We don't just give people the keys to a car and say "have at it", but yet anyone can raise a child.  Its just sad really.  That poor child.

A few years back there was a bill before Congress to make Planned Parenthood offer lierature on adoption. PP fought it and the bill never passed. Now, why would "Planned Parenthood" fight something like that? Why does the left fight against notifying parents of a minor seeking an abortion? Pro Choice or Pro Abortion?

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Feb 11, 2005 -> 08:58 AM)
...and Flordia has the exact same way. These sickos were just too lazy to use it.

Kids are a blessing. These people deserve to be locked up...

Just  :pray that baby winds up ok...

My sister said people have been all over the news down there wanting to adopt him. A little light at the end of the tunnel for the little fella.. :pray

QUOTE(Steff @ Feb 11, 2005 -> 08:49 AM)

http://www.safeplacefornewborns.org/statefiles/il.html

Illinois:

You can leave your baby, up to 3 days old, with a staff member at any hospital, fire-station or police station in Illinois - no questions asked.

IIRC, the very first person to actually take advantage of this in Rockford was just last year.

Not very many people do even though it's been all over the news and newspapers...

QUOTE(Iwritecode @ Feb 11, 2005 -> 12:08 PM)
IIRC, the very first person to actually take advantage of this in Rockford was just last year.

Not very many people do even though it's been all over the news and newspapers...

Really.. I could have swore I heard that since this was created that something like 34 newborns have been left with no questions asked.. :huh

QUOTE(Iwritecode @ Feb 11, 2005 -> 12:16 PM)
That may be state-wide. I was talking about Rockford only.

Ahhhh.. I think that might be it. There was just a story on the news Wednesday night about one being dropped off at a Chicago Firehouse..

It was all bulls***

Authorities say baby never tossed from car

Sheriff: Woman who reported incident is boy's mother

Friday, February 11, 2005 Posted: 3:01 PM EST (2001 GMT)

FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida (CNN) -- A newborn baby reported tossed out of a moving car was never thrown from the vehicle, and the woman who reported seeing the incident is the boy's mother, Broward County Sheriff Ken Jenne said Friday.

The woman didn't want her family to know about the child, Jenne said.

Patricia Pokriats, 38, "made up an incredible story," Jenne said.

Jenne said the infant is healthy and doing well.

The Broward County Sheriff's Office said a woman told authorities she was driving Thursday afternoon in a residential area of northern Fort Lauderdale when she saw a man and woman arguing in a car.

A bundle flew out the window as the car slowed and landed on grass by the road, the woman reportedly told authorities.

She reportedly told them she found a baby boy with a plastic bag over his head.

The baby was flown via helicopter to Broward Medical Center.

Nurses nicknamed the boy "Johny" after his attending physician, Johny Tryzmel.

Authorities said they received calls from people wanting to adopt him or offering money for college.

The 8-pound, 2-ounce boy was only hours old and still had his umbilical cord attached, authorities said.

Florida has a safe haven law under which a parent or relative can turn a newborn over to authorities with no questions asked during the first three days of his or her life.