Karl Malone

Just reported on espn news. Wow, this is kinda sad to me. Malone was the last of the 90's legends to call it quits. The Golden era of Mj, Pip, Dream, Drexler, Robinson, Ewing, Barkley, Stockton, and Malone is now over. I never liked Malone as a person, but anybody would be foolish not to recognize that he is argubly the best pf ever.

Edited by Jordan4life_2004

Well I'm glad to see him not just latch on to the Spurs to get that championship ring. I like what Reggie said when GP and Malone went to the Lakers last year, "I didn't want to be like some other guys who jump on another team's bandwagon just to get a ring."

I wish he would've finished his career in Utah, but he'll definitely be a first ballot.

Edited by greasywheels121

Possibly the greatest power forward in history. I do think he didn't join the Spurs because people would think he was just freeloading for a ring. That might have been the case, but in my opinion, the press makes too much of whether someone won a ring or not. Stockton and Malone didn't win a ring, but I have no doubt they were the toughest one/two punch the game has seen for a long time.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Feb 11, 2005 -> 09:30 PM)
Wow, just because he was MVP and Jordan wasn't has to do with why you don't like him. I think Jordan has enough stuff, he can share the wealth a bit.

I think that's a damn good reason to not like him, Jordan doesn't have to share s*** with Karl Malone. Barkley was a better PF anyway.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Feb 11, 2005 -> 09:58 PM)
96-97 Stats

Pts    Rebs  Asts  Stls Blks

Jordan 29.6 5.90 4.3 1.71  .54

Malone  27.4 9.90 4.5 1.38  .59

I love how you threw blocks in there, like Jordan is supposed to have more than Malone, maybe you should try FT% or 3pt%. Who won the NBA Championship that year? Oh ya, and who missed the free throws at the end of game one in the finals that year- Malone and who had the game winning shot- Jordan.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Feb 11, 2005 -> 10:02 PM)
I love how you threw blocks in there, like Jordan is supposed to have more than Malone, maybe you should try FT% or 3pt%. Who won the NBA Championship that year? Oh ya, and who missed the free throws at the end of game one in the finals that year- Malone and who had the game winning shot- Jordan.

Actually I just pasted all of that in since those are the big 5 stats. Anyways that's postseason and the MVP is regular season. I'm surprised Malone had more assists than Jordan considering Stockton was on the team and Malone didn't get the ball every time down the court.

its real sad to see all the people you watched as you grow start to retire, its real depressing im going to miss stockon, and miller, michael, ewing, and malone! but he was a great player and he did what he could to make the fan experiance enjoyable, good luck to him as a retirerie

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Feb 11, 2005 -> 09:37 PM)
lol Barkley wasn't even 6'6". Plus I hate to break it to Jordan lovers, but Malone did have a better season than Jordan that year.

Malone DIDN'T have a better season than Jordan that year. He had a great season, no doubt about that, but his 97 season was no different than any of his other years before that. The difference was the Jazz had the best record in the west that year. That was basically a sentimental mvp for Malone. They couldn't give it to Michael every year, even though he was the mvp and best player. The post-season more than proved that.

QUOTE(backman @ Feb 12, 2005 -> 12:17 AM)
its real sad to see all the people you watched as you grow start to retire, its real depressing im going to miss stockon, and miller, michael, ewing, and malone! but he was a great player and he did what he could to make the fan experiance enjoyable, good luck to him as a retirerie

Wait till you start seeing the people you watched while growing up start to die. That's what really gets depressing.