Sox trade Escobar to Washington Nationals

maggsmaggs

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Feb 13, 2005 -> 05:32 PM)
Agreed, Nice move KW..

IMO Alex was a last option if KW could not sign anyone this offseason.

I was looking for this post... :headbang

KW picked up a guy who the nats could have had for nothing in August, and turned him into a good prospect in the form of a 2003 2nd round pick...

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Feb 14, 2005 -> 02:14 PM)
I was looking for this post... :headbang

KW picked up a guy who the nats could have had for nothing in August, and turned him into a good prospect in the form of a 2003 2nd round pick...

And Jim Bowden's still pulling out all the stops for worst GM over Brian Sabean from this off-season I see. ;)

this is quiet intresting... just for the mere fact that Owens lives about 15 minutes away from me... im gonna get on the grapevine and try to track this guy down... raddle his chains a bit and tell him i wanna be personally invited to his debut with the sox in the big show... heh...

im gonna ask some other minor leauge ball players/friends of mine about him as well... i'll get the lowdown local insight for you chicago natives... its the least a castaic-ian like myself could do

we shall see =)

peace

-t

I don't see why this is such a big deal. I don't think Escobar can come back from the injury to be the top ranked player like he was, when he was the key component in the Roberto Alomar Indians/Mets deal a couple years ago.

I'm hoping that now my boy Jamie Burke makes the team as a utility player. He can be played at 3rd, catcher, and outfield.

I better not see that sorry piece of s*** Borchard on the team come April 4th. I hope they designate his ass for assignment, or release him, because he's a pain in the ass. You don't sit there and wait on a guy who got a bonus and hasn't lived up to anything. This year it is make or break for him, and since I saw what I saw in the Mexican League release, he's already behind. I'll rip on him all I want, because look at his numbers, and I'm not even seeing any injuries, so there's no excuse.

I don't see any major infielder coming in, seeing as how we have Iguchi coming in to play 2nd base.

And these relievers? I thought our bullpen was set...or are we discussing the sake of a 25th man here? Am I confused?

:gosoxretro: rockin emoticons guys :headbang

QUOTE(Beastly @ Feb 14, 2005 -> 05:50 AM)
I don't see why this is such a big deal. I don't think Escobar can come back from the injury to be the top ranked player like he was, when he was the key component in the Roberto Alomar Indians/Mets deal a couple years ago.

I'm hoping that now my boy Jamie Burke makes the team as a utility player. He can be played at 3rd, catcher, and outfield.

I better not see that sorry piece of s*** Borchard on the team come April 4th. I hope they designate his ass for assignment, or release him, because he's a pain in the ass. You don't sit there and wait on a guy who got a bonus and hasn't lived up to anything. This year it is make or break for him, and since I saw what I saw in  the Mexican League release, he's already behind. I'll rip on him all I want, because look at his numbers, and I'm not even seeing any injuries, so there's no excuse.

I don't see any major infielder coming in, seeing as how we have Iguchi coming in to play 2nd base.

And these relievers? I thought our bullpen was set...or are we discussing the sake of a 25th man here? Am I confused?

:gosoxretro: rockin emoticons guys :headbang

I agree here. Burke and Valdez should make this team as the 24th and 25th guys. Burke can spell Crede at 3rd so Uribe can concentrate on SS and only SS. Let Valdez be this year's Uribe seeing time at both 2B and SS. Trade Willie for a minor leaguer and let's gget this season going. :gosox3:

QUOTE(whitesox91403 @ Feb 14, 2005 -> 06:16 AM)
I agree here. Burke and Valdez should make this team as the 24th and 25th guys. Burke can spell Crede at 3rd so Uribe can concentrate on SS and only SS. Let Valdez be this year's Uribe seeing time at both 2B and SS. Trade Willie for a minor leaguer and let's gget this season going.  :gosox3:

I'm disagreeing with you on trading Harris. If you are bringing in an infielder, why are you losing one? It makes no sense to me.

All I know is I want Borchard out of town.

I'm ready for the season.

2 days, 6 hours, 26 min, 40 seconds and counting... :gosox3:

QUOTE(Beastly @ Feb 14, 2005 -> 06:37 AM)
I'm disagreeing with you on trading Harris. If you are bringing in an infielder, why are you losing one? It makes no sense to me.

All I know is I want Borchard out of town.

I'm ready for the season.

2 days, 6 hours, 26 min, 40 seconds and counting... :gosox3:

Because Harris plays only 2B in the INF, that's the only reason. The Sox need a guy who can play multiple INF positions right now, leaving Harris as the odd man out, IMO.

Because Harris plays only 2B in the INF, that's the only reason. The Sox need a guy who can play multiple INF positions right now, leaving Harris as the odd man out, IMO.

Yup, agree, and also agree with your statement above about letting Uribe focus on SS and only SS. The expectations will be tough enough as it is without him bouncing around. Same for Iguchi.

Does anyone know if Pablo Ozuna has played 3B in his career?