Grammys

shagar69

QUOTE(The Critic @ Feb 14, 2005 -> 10:09 AM)
He's produced a ton of successful CDs and recorded one of his own.

I don't know if he's gonna "bring back rap", but he's certainly having a good run of success.

I'm no Rap Scholar, but he is everywhere these days. Whether he's a Flavor Of The Week is still to be seen.

I could care less about his music.

He's a jackass for what he said to the media about him being the best and him being who should have won best new artist instead of that country girl. When you're so full of yourself like that, you deserve nothing, in my opinion.

I need to recruit all the soldiers

All of god�s soldiers

We at War

We at war with society, racism �terrorism, but most of all we at war wit ourselves

Jesus Walk- God show me the way because the devil tryna break me down

Jesus Walk With Me

[Verse 1]

Ya know what the mid-west iz? Young and Restless

Where restless n****z might snatch yo necklace

And next these n****z might jack yo lexus

Somebody tell these n****z who Kanye West iz

I walk through the valley where the shadow of death iz

Top floor�the view alone will leave you breathless

Try to catch it

Its kinda hard getting chocked by the Texas

Yeh Yeh now check the method

They be askin us questions, harrasin, arrest us

Sayin we eat pieces of s*** like you for breakfast, huh

Yall eat pieces of s***? Whats the basis?

We aint goin nowhere�..but got suits and cases

A trunk full of coke, rental car from Avis

My momma used to say only Jesus can save us

Well momma I know I act a fool�but ill be gone to November

I got packs to move, I hope..

[Chorus]

Jesus Walk- God show me the way because the devil tryna break me down

Jesus Walk With Me- The only thing that I pray iz that my feet dont fail me now

Jesus Walk-And I dont think theres nothing I could do now to right my wrongs

Jesus Walk With Me-I wanna talk to God but im afraid cuz we aint spoke in so long..

[Extended a bit]

[Verse 2]

To the hustlers, killers, murderers, drug dealers, even the strippers

To the victims of welfare, feel we livin in hell here, hell yeh

Now hear thee hear thee, wanna see thee more clearly

I know he hear me when my feet get weary

Cuz we�re thee almost nearly extinct

We rappers is role models, we rap we don�t think

I ain�t here to argue about his facial features

Or here to convert atheists into believers

Im just tryna say the way school need teachers

The Way Kathy Lee needed Regis...thats the way i need Jesus.

So here go my single dawg, radio needs this

They said they could rap about anything except for jesus

That means guns, sex, lies, videotape

But if I talk about God my record wont get played, huh?

Well if this take away from my spinz...which will prolly take away my endz..

Then i hope it take away from my sinz and bring the day that im dreamin bout...

Next time im in the club, erybody screaming out...

[Chorus]

It took 3 people to write these lyrics? haha

Sayin we eat pieces of s*** like you for breakfast, huh

Yall eat pieces of s***? Whats the basis?

Oh, sorry, 4. I forgot Happy Gilmore.

QUOTE(CrimsonWeltall @ Feb 14, 2005 -> 10:21 AM)
It took 3 people to write these lyrics?  haha

Oh, sorry, 4.  I forgot Happy Gilmore.

:lolhitting :lolhitting

Can rappers call themelves anything better than n****z?

Oh, I know why, because n****z goes a lot better in rhymes than african american, or black person.

Jesus and n****z should NEVER be in the same song.

QUOTE(El Piervizdyeguchansodnik @ Feb 14, 2005 -> 10:11 AM)
I could care less about his music.

He's a jackass for what he said to the media about him being the best and him being who should have won best new artist instead of that country girl. When you're so full of yourself like that, you deserve nothing, in my opinion.

Gretchen Wilson >>>>>>>>>> Kanye West

Kanye West isn't going to bring back rap. Rap and hip hop used to be about actual issues etc. (read: NWA, Run DMC etc.) but they've just become "Bling bling / b****es and ho's / Look at my SUV / I'm closing the studio because you didn't get me my cheesecake".

And in the words of Mack Lindsay: There are many threats to our ecological environment. However I think the most imminent of all of them is Puff Daddy. He, like other rap moguls, serves the music industry oligopoly through subsidized record labels and likes to put SUVs in his video. Throwing a dope MC in the driver's seat gives the impression that these are very cool to drive. Encouraging mass consumption of the sports utility vehicle increases mass production of sulphur dioxide - acid rain. Don't get me wrong, Escalades are very sweet. But you know what else is kinda tight? Trees. Oxygen. Breathing. The environment.

Chicago had a golden age of underground hip hop back in 94/95. There is an abundance of great music from that short time period, all jazz-rooted in terms of production. Just to name a few: All Natural, Rhymefest, Kinetic Order, Spelany's, Common Sense, No ID, Sidewalk Scholars, Rubberoom, Verbally Diseased, Mental Giants, etc. There's a s***load. The lyrics are conservative, the mcs are all intelligent and possess the gift of gab, the production is absolutely phenomenal, etc.

That said, this Kanye West stuff is some of the worst crap that I've ever heard. It's piss-poor music. I dunno how people could put up with them lyrics posted up top. To each his own, I guess. :huh

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Feb 14, 2005 -> 05:15 PM)
Is underground hip hop still around? Unfortunately, most people judge hip-hop based on the crap that makes the radio and videos nowadays.

There is absolutely nothing good being made nowadays, but the scene was still booming up through 2001, I'd say. At least in the Bay Area and Boston, anyway.

QUOTE(CrimsonWeltall @ Feb 14, 2005 -> 11:21 AM)
It took 3 people to write these lyrics?  haha

Oh, sorry, 4.  I forgot Happy Gilmore.

ok, i understand why you might not like those lyrics. But check out songs like Never Let Me Down. In it, he talks about how his grandpa used to take his mom to sit ins against racism and how she was arrested. You have to admit that most rappers do not even go near things like that

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Feb 14, 2005 -> 11:11 AM)
Chicago had a golden age of underground hip hop back in 94/95.  There is an abundance of great music from that short time period, all jazz-rooted in terms of production.  Just to name a few: All Natural, Rhymefest, Kinetic Order, Spelany's, Common Sense, No ID, Sidewalk Scholars, Rubberoom, Verbally Diseased, Mental Giants, etc.  There's a s***load.  The lyrics are conservative, the mcs are all intelligent and possess the gift of gab, the production is absolutely phenomenal, etc.

That said, this Kanye West stuff is some of the worst crap that I've ever heard.  It's piss-poor music.  I dunno how people could put up with them lyrics posted up top.  To each his own, I guess. :huh

You know what else is amazing?

All their names are spelled correctly, instead of being misspelled to be cool.

QUOTE(shagar69 @ Feb 14, 2005 -> 03:26 PM)
ok, i understand why you might not like those lyrics.  But check out songs like Never Let Me Down. In it, he talks about how his grandpa used to take his mom to sit ins against racism and how she was arrested.  You have to admit that most rappers do not even go near things like that

My problem with him is his attitude.. one minute singing about the holy one..the next saying crap like "you don't have to worry about what I would have done had I not won"..

QUOTE(Steff @ Feb 14, 2005 -> 04:41 PM)
My problem with him is his attitude.. one minute singing about the holy one..the next saying crap like "you don't have to worry about what I would have done had I not won"..

yea, but i think that was just a shot back at those who were dissin him for not winning at the AMA's.

QUOTE(shagar69 @ Feb 14, 2005 -> 04:36 PM)
yea, but i think that was just a shot back at those who were dissin him for not winning at the AMA's.

Well.. maybe if he had acted like a human being instead of a 2 year old crying about not winning and saying that those that won over him sucked he might have not needed to retalliate. No big deal.. Good for him that he's overcome the bad things that have happened to him. Hopefully he stays on the right path.

He is a talented guy, but I don't see him bringing back rap as has been stated in this thread.

He is nowhere near the talent of Tupac, a guy who is still making records fly off of shelves after being dead now almost nine years.

And yes, his speech did nothing to get him new fans because he came off like a conceited jackass who is full of himself.

His CD is great, I enjoy it, he is talented, but he is some of the things he has been described as in this thread and he's not going to save the rap world.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Feb 14, 2005 -> 05:43 PM)
That dude was on the edge of his seat every time he was up for an award. Everyone else sat back like, whatever.    Any true artist knows that most good music doesn't even get on the radio and that winning a Grammy doesn't mean squat. He clowned himself.

I lost all respect for the Grammy's last night when the first award of the night went to Los Lonely Boys...

You wanna talk about a group of no talent assclowns, these guys are the definition.

I'd like to know who listens to that garbage, it is poison to my ears.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Feb 14, 2005 -> 04:46 PM)
He is a talented guy, but I don't see him bringing back rap as has been stated in this thread.

He is nowhere near the talent of Tupac, a guy who is still making records fly off of shelves after being dead now almost nine years.

And yes, his speech did nothing to get him new fans because he came off like a conceited jackass who is full of himself.

His CD is great, I enjoy it, he is talented, but he is some of the things he has been described as in this thread and he's not going to save the rap world.

I have a theory that Tupac is alive. No dead man has that much unreleased music. :lol:

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Feb 14, 2005 -> 05:53 PM)
I have a theory that Tupac is alive.  No dead man has that much unreleased music.  :lol:

It's funny, when I listen to a lot of his stuff, there are a lot of references to Bush I, so most of it was recorded in 1991 and 1992 before Clinton even took office.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Feb 14, 2005 -> 05:46 PM)

your right about tupac being awesome. that is true. but im talkin about the s*** thats current and out right now i.e. lil jon, ja rule, that bs rap.

QUOTE(shagar69 @ Feb 14, 2005 -> 06:05 PM)
your right about tupac being awesome. that is true. but im talkin about the s*** thats current and out right now i.e.  lil jon, ja rule,  that bs rap.

Out of the rap on the market right now, I only really consider a handful (Eminem, Jay-Z, Kanye West) to even be legit.

Most of the other stuff is manufactured horse s***.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Feb 14, 2005 -> 06:06 PM)
Out of the rap on the market right now, I only really consider a handful (Eminem, Jay-Z, Kanye West) to even be legit.

Most of the other stuff is manufactured horse s***.

yeah, thats exactly what im sayin. I mean admittedly i love jay z, but even i have to say that very few of his songs have lyrics that mean anything. Songs like Dirt of Your Shoulders and Big Pimpin, are good and have nice beats to them but arent very meaningful. And anyways hes retired now. Eminem on the other hand is very talented. I honestly think that he is right up there with 2pac in terms of talent and lyrics. And most of the other s*** out there, like Nelly and Ludacris, isnt even rap, its just pop/club/dance music. So yes, i do think that Kanye, will bring rap back to what it should be