Punisher 2

Goldmember

:headbang :headbang :headbang HELL YEAH! :headbang :headbang :headbang

linky

Tom Jane Gives Punisher 2 Update

Source: Ain't-It-Cool-News February 13, 2005

A scooper for Ain't-It-Cool-News attended the Dallas Comic Con Convention this weekend, where Tom Jane revealed some new details on The Punisher 2.

The moderator asked Thomas Jane about there being rumors of a possible Punisher 2. Thomas' respone was....."Oh, is that still just a rumor?" We all perked up, Niles asked Jane if he could talk about this, and Thomas said "Why Not." Jane let the cat out of the bag and told the room that yesterday at a studio in north Dallas (he dropped the name, but I don't remember it), they filmed the teaser for Punisher 2. Tom O'Brien, the cover art model of Frank Castle for the Punisher comics who was also at the Con, was also at the shoot yesterday in full costume. Jane said that on his phone, he owns the only picture of himself and the "real" Punisher, both in full costume, standing next to each other. No word on when or where we will see this trailer though.

Jane said that while the script is not finished, he is working closely with the team. He said that he is doing EVERYTHING he can do to get the setting moved to the borroughs of New York and that Jigsaw is "more than likely" going to be the villian in the movie.

Visit the link above for more on the event.

QUOTE(Spod=Ratings @ Feb 14, 2005 -> 12:15 AM)
never saw it how many stars you give it

Definitely better than the old Dolph Lundgren one ::shudder::

It was nice that they stayed true for the most part to the Garth Ennis story for when he was writing Punisher.

IMDB gives it a 6.2/10 which is what I'd give it about. As a huge fan of the comic the Punisher, I liked the movie a lot. It left me lacking a little bit but it was a solid film.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Feb 14, 2005 -> 12:23 AM)

It was nice that they stayed true for the most part to the Garth Ennis story for when he was writing Punisher. 

IMDB gives it a 6.2/10 which is what I'd give it about.  As a huge fan of the comic the Punisher, I liked the movie a lot.  It left me lacking a little bit but it was a solid film.

The only movie that was good with Lundgren was Rocky IV.. best movie ever along with Terminator 2

Edited by Spod=Ratings

QUOTE(Spod=Ratings @ Feb 14, 2005 -> 12:24 AM)
The only movie that  was good with Lundgren was Rocky IV.. best movie ever along with Terminator 2

Spod, I hardly know you yet your sky rocketing up my charts of badasses

Rocky IV is teh s***

ide give Punisher 7.5 - 8 Stars

It was really a good movie

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Feb 14, 2005 -> 01:23 AM)

IMDB gives it a 6.2/10 which is what I'd give it about.  As a huge fan of the comic the Punisher, I liked the movie a lot.  It left me lacking a little bit but it was a solid film.

The funny story behind that Lundgren Punisher crapfest was that it was only turned into a Punisher film in post-production. They shot all teh principle photography and his character's name wasn'r even right. Then Marvel threatened a lawsuite because the vigelante character was essentiallt their Punisher character. A compromise was reached and they reshot and voiced over some spots to call him Frank a couple of times and voila' - a Punisher movie.

That explaines the lack of the cool costume in that one - or of any supporting cast members that could be traced to Marvel Universe origins.

Remember this was long before Hollywood had the current string of Marvel Universe blockusters. See for example, the barely released Fantastic Four movie from that time where Ben Grimm's costume was essentially a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle costume that had been painted and rock-a-fied. I had the misfortune of seeing that film and it was abysmal.