Parque to the DL

southsider2k5

The Tampa Bay Devil Rays placed pitcher Jim Parque on the 15-day disabled list Wednesday with tendinitis in his left shoulder.

Parque allowed six runs, five hits and four walks in 1 2-3 innings of Tuesday's 8-7, 10 inning win over Baltimore. In his two starts, the left-hander has given up 13 runs, 12 hits and nine walks over 6 2-3 innings.

To replace Parque, Tampa Bay selected right-hander Al Levine from Triple-A Durham.

Parque underwent shoulder surgery in 2001. He was signed as free agent in January after going 1-4 with a 9.95 ERA in eight games with the Chicago White Sox last season.

At this point he is not even close to resembling a major league pitcher. His fast ball isn't fast his curve hangs and his ERA shows it. Chuck Noll the old Steeler coach used to talk about it being time for a particular athlete to "get on with the rest of his life". I think it may be that time for Parque.

It must be a sick feeling.......to wonder if you'll ever be able to throw like you used to, and that your career might be over.

Exactly, exactly, which is why some of the glee at his misfortunes bother me. The guy has to be devastated in his own heart. Whatever his strengths and weaknesses, he was an all out ball player and what more can be asked?

It must be a sick feeling.......to wonder if you'll ever be able to throw like you used to, and that your career might be over.

Exactly, exactly, which is why some of the glee at his misfortunes bother me. The guy has to be devastated in his own heart. Whatever his strengths and weaknesses, he was an all out ball player and what more can be asked?

I really agree with you here. It's a shame Butter is struggling so much with injuries. I hope he can eventually turn it around.