Indians-Sox Game Thread

SoxFan1

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Manuel is the dumbest f***ing manager in the world. What's the point of pinch hitting now when you have a hitter coming up that has actually hit decently this year? Why not pinch hit for a guy that is the tying run when he has hit like s*** the whole year?

I'm about ready to trade Manuel and Lee to KC for Tony Pena.

Daubach grounds out and thats the ballgame. The Sox fall to 4-4 and the Indians are now, who cares! The Twins are losing and we will probably not lose our 2nd place position. BTW, your welcome for the play by play. I went the whole 9 innings. Its a complete game loss! Oh well! Buehrle will get em' tommorrow!

Daubach grounds out and thats the ballgame. The Sox fall to 4-4 and the Indians are now, who cares! The Twins are losing and we will probably not lose our 2nd place position. BTW, your welcome for the play by play. I went the whole 9 innings. Its a complete game loss! Oh well! Buehrle will get em' tommorrow!

Dammit....we don't want you to do it anymore! :D

Does anyone on this team not named Jimenez or Grafanino know the meaning of "small ball"- you know, the shortening and quickening of the swing in order to increase a chance of putting the ball in play and getting on base late innings, especially with 2 strikes? It's seems our 3-7 hitters are putting their power swings on nearly every pitch.

In 2000 I remember there were so many batted-around's not because we out-homered the competition so much as we hit a bunch of singles and generally found a way to get on base. Then in 2001 and 2002 our HR numbers went up but offenise significantly declined.

Does anyone on this team not named Jimenez or Grafanino know the meaning of "small ball"- you know, the shortening and quickening of the swing in order to increase a chance of putting the ball in play and getting on base late innings, especially with 2 strikes?  It's seems our 3-7 hitters are putting their power swings on nearly every pitch.

In 2000 I remember there were so many batted-around's not because we out-homered the competition so much as we hit a bunch of singles ang generally found a way to get on base.  Then in  2001 and 2002 our hr numbers went up but offenive significantly declined.

We've dumbed up a bit

We've dumbed up a bit

It's fine if Konerko wants to "cheat" a bit with a power swing on a 2-0 pitch or (less likely) sees the pitch so early and so well that he feels confident about jumping on it...but it isn't the case: I see so many 0-1 power swings that result in foul ball and pop ups I feel sick.

Gary Ward should get the f*** out if he can't teach his hitters value of opposite field hitting. Konerko and Lee in particular should be embarassed, they are so lousy mechanically. If he is as dumb as he seems during interviews, I am scared for these hitters.

Somebody tell me why I shouldn't be pissed right now

Damn....I forgot we changed hitting coaches since then. I assume Ward has put into our hitters mind that we should be hitting for the 3-run homer....and not playing small ball like Von Joshua taught our guys to do.

We should blame Joshua's firing on someone-who-I-won't-name