iraq officially surenders

baggio202

mahommad al-duori , ambassador to the UN , the only remaining face of the iraqi governemnt...just announced the game is over baby :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Bill Clinton and Madeline Albright are heroes to the Kosovar Albanians. As the weeks and months go on the world will see the hatred for Saddam that the Kurds, Shi'a and many of his own Sunnis had for him. The hatred was stifled by an intense fear and paranoia. The Iraqis can have a peaceful and prosperous land if they are willing to grab the bull by the horns. I hope they do and although many liberals will choke don't be surprised if many Iraqis don't feel the same gratitude to Bush that there Albanian Muslim brethren feel for Clinton and Co.

mahommad al-duori , ambassador to the UN , the only remaining face of the iraqi governemnt...just announced the game is over baby :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Link baggs..?

It's all over MSNBC :headbang

Does "the game" though mean the war or the false loyalty of the Iraqi People to Saddam Hussein is over :huh: ?

mahommad al-duori , ambassador to the UN , the only remaining face of the iraqi governemnt...just announced the game is over baby :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Link baggs..?

It's all over MSNBC :headbang

Does "the game" though mean the war or the false loyalty of the Iraqi People to Saddam Hussein is over :huh: ?

I can't find that exact story... but I did find the video here pretty cool :D ;)

http://www.msnbc.com/news/870749.asp?0cv=CA01

foxnews got an exclusive with al -dori..there reporter just happend to be outside his residence when he came out a 2nd time..he used the words..the war is over....ive had no contact with saddam or iraq...i wish the best for the iraqi people and hope we can live in peace

check their website

I hope the Iraqis do find Bush and co. to be heroes in their mind. I hope things go just swimmingly in Iraq.

Respectful disagreement with policy does not mean wishing ill will on millions of people.

Today is a great day for Iraq. Never disagreed with the Ends, just the motivations and policy behind the means.

I hope the Iraqis do find Bush and co. to be heroes in their mind. I hope things go just swimmingly in Iraq.

Respectful disagreement with policy does not mean wishing ill will on millions of people.

Today is a great day for Iraq. Never disagreed with the Ends, just the motivations and policy behind the means.

i felt the same way about kosovo so i know how you feel...i didnt trusts clinton's motives at all but something had to be done with milosivec....

Salon had a very good article on what's happened in Afghanistan since its liberation. I hope and pray we don't do the same in Iraq that we've done in Afghanistan.

I feel bad for the people in Iraq. Bush has a record of coming in, declaring victory, then leaving. They are going to be f***ed beyond belief. Give them a few months and they are gonna be wallowed in poverty and ripe for another dictator to roll on in and take them over.

I believe the biggest reason that a lot of people are avoiding public displays is the result of the 1991 insinuations that we would help those who tried to overthrow Saddam. Then we they tried we were no where to be found and approximately 100,000 Kurds got gassed for it. Plus with it being public knowledge of Husseins torture and terror tactics, plus the huge misinformation effort that is the only information a normal Iraqi would get... well I wouldn't trust the Americans quite so easy either. I really was surprised that many people did go out in public and demonstrate and celebrate.

I really believe in the back of most average Iraqis mind is the belief that Saddam and his crews could be back at any second.

Salon had a very good article on what's happened in Afghanistan since its liberation. I hope and pray we don't do the same in Iraq that we've done in Afghanistan.

I feel bad for the people in Iraq. Bush has a record of coming in, declaring victory, then leaving. They are going to be f***ed beyond belief. Give them a few months and they are gonna be wallowed in poverty and ripe for another dictator to roll on in and take them over.

now wait a minute...i thought you wanted the UN to take the major role in rebuilding iraq..now you are worried about us pulling out???..if we pull out the UN gets to do whatever they want

bush has a "record" of coming ,declaring victory ,then leaving???...i know of no other country bush has invaded other than afghanastan...where we sucessfully have overthrown the taliban and we havent left yet...we still have troops there...

winodj..clinton's motives....well...if iirc , there was about a one year period where clinton bomb 5 countries on three different continents....iraq and afghanastan in asia , sudan and ??? , in africa..and serbia in europe..this happens to coincide with the most tumultous year of his administration , which was during the lewinsky scandal...im not saying that he wasnt justified in his actions but i think its interesting that as soon as his trial in the house was over all these bombings stopped...and he wasnt near as aggressive before the scandal broke....ill give him the benefit of the doubt because he was justified to use force in retaliation in every situation.. (want to make that clear im not calling him a war criminal or anything like that) ....but i wish we could go back in history and remove the lewinsky scandal from the dynamics just to see if his responses would have been the same...would have been that aggressive

The bombing of Iraq took place as a response to the breakdom of UNSCOM. The bombings in the african and asian countries took place because of intelligence on the whereabouts of BinLaden and other Al Qaeda operatives.

Kosovo was done in conjunction with other European states, with the understanding that the genocide of a people is inherently wrong. Here genocide can be properly used because there was indeed a push in Kosovo to kill off non-Serbs. We had the backing of NATO, our military goal was limited, clearly stated and transparent.

Maybe you didn't see it that way and I can understand that. A lot of people were under the impression the Clinton had something to hide. Perhaps he did, but the Republican push to delegitimize the presidency, and there was a genuine push in the last three years, made it seem as if anything Clinton did was a reaction to moves by Congress. I'm pretty sure, given his foreign policy team that this wasn't true.

And to further my point about what people believe of the Iraqi regime, this was in today's Trib.

He's got a special gem implanted in his arm that repels bullets. He has almost as many lives as a cat is reputed to have. His mother is a magician.

As U.S. troops occupied vast stretches of downtown Baghdad on Wednesday, Iraqis weaned for three decades on stories of Saddam Hussein's invincibility admit they're having trouble believing his end is near.

"I wouldn't believe he was dead even if I saw his body on television," said Aboud Muttar, 60, a shepherd. "I won't believe it unless I see it with my own eyes."

The news this week that the U.S. dropped 2,000-pound bombs on a building where Hussein was suspected to be, followed by reports he was killed, followed by other reports that he wasn't, have only added to Iraqi skepticism.

People here can be forgiven for taking rumors of the dictator's demise with a grain of salt. Despite dozens of coup and assassination attempts, and top-of-the-hit-list status at many overseas spy agencies, Hussein has endured.

"He has seven lives," said Ahmed Ali, 23. "You can't kill him."

As one tale would have it, that is because of the gem in his arm, which some say is red, some blue. It is said to have been tested on a chicken, which lost just a few feathers when shot at point-blank range.

"I first heard about it around the time he took power," said retiree Jasim Waay, 54. "Is it strong enough to work against the British and American military? Only God knows for sure."

A mother's love -- and her ability to weave powerful spells -- has protected Hussein with a magic aura, another legend goes. "He's in touch with the occult," said Saad Abdel Reda, 19, a farmer. "And he has fortunetellers tap into the spirit world and tell him when people are trying to kill him."

Other bits of folklore bolster his reputation for brutality and cunning. In one, a soldier standing five rows behind the president attempted to kill him, but his gun jammed. Hussein calmly walked over to the soldier, grabbed the weapon and said, "This is how you do it," before shooting him dead.

Then there was the citizen who spat on his television screen whenever the president's face appeared. This went on for years, until the man and his daughter saw the president in person, at a parade. "That's the man you always spit on," the little girl said, at which point soldiers within earshot took him away and executed him.

Mohamed Sadek, a 43-year-old teacher, believes the regime has fueled the fables to keep Iraqis in check. "That way he seems stronger and keeps people scared," he said.