Chirac's a weenie

TheBigHurt35

QUOTE(winodj @ Feb 18, 2005 -> 10:57 AM)
Do you have an actual news source for this? Or just Bill O'Reilly. Who Nuke constantly reminds us "is not news."

I'm not saying that the dill-hole Chirac didn't say it. I just want a news source I can trust.

Actually, the link is to Fox News, who are a legitimate source (despite what some Lefties claim). Although I am surprised that other sources haven't reported it. Then again, the other networks have ignored the Ward Churchill scandal as well.

Click on the second link to find the Anti-Defamation League's criticism of Chirac's previous support for Hezbollah.

Edited by TheBigHurt35

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(winodj @ Feb 18, 2005 -> 11:46 AM)
Bill O'Reilly's Talking Points are never considered legitimate news stories. It is a rather poorly written column.

If Fox News publishes them on their site, they're representing Fox News.

Whatever you think of O'Reilly is a moot point. Fox News supports the story and there is precedent for Chirac's support of Hezbollah. Until someone debunks the claim, it should be considered legitimate.

The French had this thing called the Battle of Algiers, I'd suggest reading up about it. France doesn't want to be involved in another Algeria, even indirectly. Also, there have been numerous terrorist attacks in France by Muslims, although minor, and desognating Hezbollah wouldn't help them.

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Feb 18, 2005 -> 11:51 AM)
Also, there have been numerous terrorist attacks in France by Muslims, although minor, and desognating Hezbollah wouldn't help them.

So, ignoring Muslim extremists will make them go away? Great strategy, especially for a country that's mostly made up of Christians and Atheists. At the very least, recognizing Hebzollah as a terrorist organization will help stop the flow of their funding from France.

The French government needs to take a long, hard look at what's happened recently to other countries who have "turned the other cheek" towards terrorism (Spain, Turkey, Saudi Arabia). That strategy clearly does not work.

Edited by TheBigHurt35

I agree that Bill O'Reilly is not "news". He's a commentator and does not claim to be a news anchor. Therefore, he does have a bias. Which is why I can't understand why people get so upset with him (or Rush, or Mike Reagan, or Sean Hannity, etc) for expressing their opinions.

QUOTE(TheBigHurt35 @ Feb 18, 2005 -> 11:48 AM)
If Fox News publishes them on their site, they're representing Fox News.

Whatever you think of O'Reilly is a moot point.  Fox News supports the story and there is precedent for Chirac's support of Hezbollah.  Until someone debunks the claim, it should be considered legitimate.

Wouldn't this be considered an editorial and therefore not neccesarily supported, but accpeted by foxnews. Besides with the ratings that O'Reilly gets there is no way they ever wouldn't support him. So while I'll make my own decisions on whether or not Hezbollah is terrorist, I'm sure not going to listen to that f***er. If I saw O'Reilly in person I think it would be my duty under god to slap him like a b****.

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Feb 18, 2005 -> 01:49 PM)
Wouldn't this be considered an editorial and therefore not neccesarily supported, but accpeted by foxnews.  Besides with the ratings that O'Reilly gets there is no way they ever wouldn't support him.  So while I'll make my own decisions on whether or not Hezbollah is terrorist, I'm sure not going to listen to that f***er.  If I saw O'Reilly in person I think it would be my duty under god to slap him like a b****.

You, of all people, resorting to violence. Hypocrit.

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Feb 18, 2005 -> 01:54 PM)
Come on Yasny, like half of what I write is a joke on here.  I know it's always a bad joke that only I laugh at it, but come on.

It just seems to me that you are always bashing the USA in some form or another. Whether it's our president or our policies or whatever. As a US citizen, I take offense to that and will call you out on it every time. Now, if you want to exchange emails and talk it out, I'd be perfectly willing to do that. maybe we can come to a middle ground or understanding. But .... since I work nights, I'm getting ready to hit the sack, so this exchange will have to take place some other time. I'll honestly keep an open mind and discuss this with you, though. Fair enough?

QUOTE(YASNY @ Feb 18, 2005 -> 01:59 PM)
It just seems to me that you are always bashing the USA in some form or another.  Whether it's our president or our policies or whatever.  As a US citizen, I take offense to that and will call you out on it every time.  Now, if you want to exchange emails and talk it out, I'd be perfectly willing to do that.  maybe we can come to a middle ground or understanding.  But .... since I work nights, I'm getting ready to hit the sack, so this exchange will have to take place some other time.  I'll honestly keep an open mind and discuss this with you, though.  Fair enough?

Well I don't take this as serious as you do for obvious reasons but I will probably continue doing my thang and I encourage you to continue calling me out. Just understand my humour is bizarre and unconventional.

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Feb 18, 2005 -> 02:02 PM)
Well I don't take this as serious as you do for obvious reasons but I will probably continue doing my thang and I encourage you to continue calling me out.  Just understand my humour is bizarre and unconventional.

OK. I'll try and keep that in mind and not get quite so worked up over it. But, I will continue to call you out.

:cheers

QUOTE(YASNY @ Feb 18, 2005 -> 12:37 PM)
I agree that Bill O'Reilly is not "news".  He's a commentator and does not claim to be a news anchor.  Therefore, he does have a bias.  Which is why I can't understand why people get so upset with him (or Rush, or Mike Reagan, or Sean Hannity, etc) for expressing their opinions.

Ive tried to make that point before but some people around here are just thick headed,

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Feb 18, 2005 -> 01:49 PM)
Wouldn't this be considered an editorial and therefore not neccesarily supported, but accpeted by foxnews.  Besides with the ratings that O'Reilly gets there is no way they ever wouldn't support him.

Well, I didn't see a "The opinions of Bill O'Reilly don't necessarily reflect those of Fox News" disclaimer, so they certainly are being represented by Fox News. They could be held legally responsible for what he says.

But, if you want to belive that he's not credible, go right ahead. I'll take his opinion over those of flat-our liars like Dan Rather and Mary Mapes any day.

I'm sure not going to listen to that f***er.  If I saw O'Reilly in person I think it would be my duty under god to slap him like a b****.

I wasn't aware that Canadian Liberals believe in God or know how to fight. They haven't shown much propensity for either lately. :finger

Just understand my humour is bizarre and unconventional.

No, it's more like immature and tasteless.

Have fun with your anti-American blogging. Thankfully, I won't have to read it anymore...

You have chosen to ignore KipWellsFan. View this post · Un-ignore KipWellsFan

Edited by TheBigHurt35

QUOTE(TheBigHurt35 @ Feb 18, 2005 -> 11:59 AM)
So, ignoring Muslim extremists will make them go away?  Great strategy, especially for a country that's mostly made up of Christians and Atheists.  At the very least, recognizing Hebzollah as a terrorist organization will help stop the flow of their funding from France.

The French government needs to take a long, hard look at what's happened recently to other countries who have "turned the other cheek" towards terrorism (Spain, Turkey, Saudi Arabia).  That strategy clearly does not work.

It took WW2 for Britain to learn the price of appeasement, I wonder what horrible extreme it's going to take for the French to learn the price of ignoriong the threat posed by terrorists.

Bill O'Reilly is an asshat that makes s*** up. After all isn't that how he won his two peabody awards?

I don't doubt that Chirac said what he did. And I personally think he's an asshat.

But two asshats don't make a right. Or something.

But in honor of these talking points I will go do something obscene with a falafel loofa and then sue Al Franken. Satisfied?

QUOTE(winodj @ Feb 18, 2005 -> 03:00 PM)
Bill O'Reilly is an asshat that makes s*** up.

Do you have evidence of that, or are you just "making s*** up"?

But this isn't about O'Reilly. It's about...

I don't doubt that Chirac said what he did.

Neither do I, as he did the same thing two and a half years ago.

But two asshats don't make a right. Or something.

So, Chirac continues to allow French organizations to fund terrorist groups, and this is your response? Interesting...

But in honor of these talking points I will go do something obscene with a falafel loofa and then sue Al Franken. Satisfied?

Unless you're speaking of a different case, it was Fox News that sued Stuart Smalley, not O'Reilly.

I wasn't aware that Canadian Liberals believe in God or know how to fight. They haven't shown much propensity for either lately. 

Just understand my humour is bizarre and unconventional.

No, it's more like immature and tasteless.

Do I really have to acknowledge the hypocrisy here.

I'm not easily offended but I'm sure our WW2 veterans would be very much so at your insult. But then again you're probably mostly joking so whatever.

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Feb 18, 2005 -> 03:39 PM)
How about when he created out of thin air a French newspaper. 

don't have a link right now

Here we go

http://mediamatters.org/items/200412230006

But then again bighurt blocked me so he'll go on living in his dream world. Or he could see this then shrug off media matters as pinko commie propaghanda.

It's a lose lose for both of us.

QUOTE(TheBigHurt35 @ Feb 18, 2005 -> 11:59 AM)
So, ignoring Muslim extremists will make them go away?  Great strategy, especially for a country that's mostly made up of Christians and Atheists.  At the very least, recognizing Hebzollah as a terrorist organization will help stop the flow of their funding from France.

The French government needs to take a long, hard look at what's happened recently to other countries who have "turned the other cheek" towards terrorism (Spain, Turkey, Saudi Arabia).  That strategy clearly does not work.

Here's an idea, it's a grand concept, read my entire post. You obviously lack any sort of understanding towards Algieria and more specifically the Battle of Algiers which is heavily influencing the French opinion here. I also never implied that ignoring Muslim extermists would make them go away, but being ignorant and insinuating such statements isn't the right way to go when you're trying to defend Bill O'Reilly.

Secondly, Spain has never "turned the cheek" towards the Basque seperatists, so I have no clue where you are reading this. Like the Chechen situation with Russia, a very small minority is asking for independence and were denied. The result has been, obviously, increased terrorist attacks around Spain. Once again you're completely ignorant of the situation at hand and are accepting of the most simplistic argument. Think harder. Spain and Russia have been VERY active with muslim extremists and the results have been awful.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Feb 18, 2005 -> 02:33 PM)
It took WW2 for Britain to learn the price of appeasement,  I wonder what horrible extreme it's going to take for the French to learn the price of ignoriong the threat posed by terrorists.

Off subject, but Nuke, I invite you to read a history textbook one of these days. Your jingoistic arguments are laughable at best, and as I said to the OP, read up on the Battle of Algiers.