Chirac's a weenie

TheBigHurt35

Yes. He claimed to have won two peabody awards for his work on Inside Edition.

Inside Edition won a Polk award. For work done after he left.

He claimed that Hillary Clinton never went to a single 9/11 victim's Funeral. It's a lie. She went to several including one for Windows on the World's employees who died in the terrorist act.

FOX News host Bill O'Reilly and his guest, Anthony R. Picarello Jr., said a public school "banned" a stage production of A Christmas Carol because the school feared it would violate the constitutional separation of church and state. In fact, Lake Washington High School in Kirkland, Washington cancelled one performance of the play because the private theater company putting on the play planned to charge admission, a violation of school policy, and because the principal had not approved the event. In a statement, the principal wrote: "The cancellation of this daytime production had nothing to do with religion."

Need more?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Feb 18, 2005 -> 04:43 PM)
Off subject, but Nuke, I invite you to read a history textbook one of these days. Your jingoistic arguments are laughable at best, and as I said to the OP, read up on the Battle of Algiers.

Maybe you should read up on your history smartass. Maybe you'd have read that in 1937 and 1938 Hitler was planning on backing down if the European powers had confronted him and how dumbstruck he was when they sat idly by as he annexed Sudedentland (sp) and then the whole of Czechoslovakia.

Maybe then you'd read about Nelville Chamberlain waving the Munich accords over his head saying "War has been averted!" This happened 1 year before Poland was invaded and sacked and 2 years before the bombs started falling on London.

Appeasement had a price and that price is more death and violence.......Moron.

Edited by NUKE_CLEVELAND

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Feb 18, 2005 -> 04:41 PM)
Here's an idea, it's a grand concept, read my entire post. You obviously lack any sort of understanding towards Algieria and more specifically the Battle of Algiers which is heavily influencing the French opinion here. I also never implied that ignoring Muslim extermists would make them go away,

What is your obsession with Algeria? Did you just study that in school? I know about Algeria, as well as Morocco, Libya, and Syria. I also know that approximately 4 million Muslims live in France. Are you saying that France's significant Arab population gives them a morally-justified excuse to turn a blind eye torwards terrorism? That's just stupid. Who are you? Charles DeGaulle's ghost?

Secondly, Spain has never "turned the cheek" towards the Basque seperatists, so I have no clue where you are reading this. Like the Chechen situation with Russia, a very small minority is asking for independence and were denied. The result has been, obviously, increased terrorist attacks around Spain.

So, they should just adopt France's "appeasement" philosophy and give into the terrorists? Because, hey, once they say "no," terrorist attacks will increase! Brilliant strategy! :rolly

It took that horrible massacre in Belsan for Putin to take serious action. And, it's also known that these Chechen rebels are affiliated with al Qaeda (Link).

Chechens have been affiliated with the al Qaeda terror network, and an Arab connection suggests a further link between the Chechen rebel movement and international terrorism.

So why were Russia and Spain so adamantly against assisting in the overthrow of Saddam, who has financially sponsored the families of Palestinian suicide bombers? Were they hoping that the Muslim extremists will give them a "pass" when they attempt global domination?

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Feb 18, 2005 -> 05:29 PM)
Maybe you should read up on your history smartass.   Maybe you'd have read that in 1937 and 1938 Hitler was planning on backing down if the European powers had confronted him and how dumbstruck he was when they sat idly by as he annexed Sudedentland (sp) and then the whole of Czechoslovakia.

Maybe then you'd read about Nelville Chamberlain waving the Munich accords over his head saying "War has been averted!"  This happened 1 year before Poland was invaded and sacked and 2 years before the bombs started falling on London.

Good post. Too bad Mullet Boy doesn't understand anything outside of French/Algerian history.

Edited by TheBigHurt35

QUOTE(winodj @ Feb 18, 2005 -> 06:28 PM)
If you knew about Algerian/French history, you'd know that France has been dealing with acts of terrorism for 50+ years now.

Hey, it was their decision to invade and occupy those nations. They have to deal with the consequences. But their predicament doesn't justify turning a blind eye towards terrorism.

Edited by TheBigHurt35

QUOTE(winodj @ Feb 18, 2005 -> 06:28 PM)
If you knew about Algerian/French history, you'd know that France has been dealing with acts of terrorism for 50+ years now.

I may not know a lot about Algerian History but I do know that invading armies have been wiping their feet on French soil for a very long time now and its because of their pussy whipped attitude toward foregin affairs.

QUOTE(winodj @ Feb 18, 2005 -> 05:18 PM)
Yes. He claimed to have won two peabody awards for his work on Inside Edition.

I've never heard him claim that, so I can't really respond to the validity of the claim. I'm sure that O'Reilly has made his share of journalistic mistakes and am not under the impression that he's God's gift to mankind. Then again, we also know that CBS completely fabricated a story about Bush to give Kerry the edge in the election and that the New York Times routinely fabricates their poll results with a liberal slant, so those "trusted news sources" are anything but trustworthy.

But this thread was about Chirac and I still haven't heard a reasonable justification from you regarding his veiled support for Hezbollah.

Nuke and Hurt,

Cerb - like others here - has posted in disagreement with you. I haven't gone back over this thread with a fine-toothed comb, but I didn't see him calling you "Moron", "Mullet Head" or other equivalent. Nuke, He pointed out that your arguments do tend towad the jingoistic at times, but I didn't see any name calling. If I missed it, my apologies, but I'd expect you to refrain from the attacks at any rate.

:cheers

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Feb 18, 2005 -> 06:48 PM)
Nuke and Hurt,

Cerb - like others here - has posted in disagreement with you.  I haven't gone back over this thread with a fine-toothed comb, but I didn't see him calling you "Moron", "Mullet Head" or other equivalent.

I didn't realize that the term "Mullet Boy" is regarded as a personal attack (check out his avatar), especially after being called "ignorant" several times.

Let's have a "fair and balanced" analysis, shall we? ;)

QUOTE(TheBigHurt35 @ Feb 18, 2005 -> 06:47 PM)
I've never heard him claim that, so I can't really respond to the validity of the claim.  I'm sure that O'Reilly has made his share of journalistic mistakes and am not under the impression that he's God's gift to mankind.  Then again, we also know that CBS completely fabricated a story about Bush to give Kerry the edge in the election and that the New York Times routinely fabricates their poll results with a liberal slant, so those "trusted news sources" are anything but trustworthy.

But this thread was about Chirac and I still haven't heard a reasonable justification from you regarding his veiled support for Hezbollah.

You never hear about that from the left. They either try to bury it or justify it somehow.

Its so typical of them really. CBS's fabricated Story, Ward Churchill, Anything the NY Times writes.......All are proof that you can say whatever you want to no matter how false or hateful it is just so long as you agree with them.

QUOTE(TheBigHurt35 @ Feb 18, 2005 -> 06:52 PM)
I didn't realize that the term "Mullet Boy" is regarded as a personal attack (check out his avatar), especially after being called "ignorant" several times.

I'm not shedding any tears for Cerbaho. He has a bad habit of talking down to people who dare disagree with him.

QUOTE(TheBigHurt35 @ Feb 18, 2005 -> 07:52 PM)

I said I hadn't gone back over the thread, but what I recalled was that Cerb's attacks merely suggested a component of ignorance on the part of the opposing voices, without direct name calling. On top of Nuke's 'moron' your comment seemed to be piling on - I'd have left it be on it's own (and yes, I realize it was inspired by his avatar).

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Feb 18, 2005 -> 07:54 PM)
I'm not shedding any tears for Cerbaho.  He has a bad habit of talking down to people who dare disagree with him.

I'm not shedding any tears either, or rushing to the defense of someone who can't do it just fine for themself. I'm just trying to uphold and remind of a board policy against pesonal attacks. It hasn't been univerasally enforced, but hopefully that is changing.

Now, back to the :fight

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Feb 18, 2005 -> 06:56 PM)
I said I hadn't gone back over the thread, but what I recalled was that Cerb's attacks merely suggested a component of ignorance on the part of the opposing voices, without direct name calling.  On top of Nuke's 'moron' your comment seemed to be piling on - I'd have left it be on it's own (and yes, I realize it was inspired by his avatar).

Trying to call me out for making reference to someone's avatar is a real stretch - and, may I add, a seemingly partisan one. It's OK for someone to call another "ignorant," but the other party can't respond by making a benign reference to the other's avatar? That's a bunch of BS.

FWIW, I'm not interested in making personal attacks. But I'm not going to allow another to talk down to me, either.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Feb 18, 2005 -> 05:29 PM)
Maybe you should read up on your history smartass. Maybe you'd have read that in 1937 and 1938 Hitler was planning on backing down if the European powers had confronted him and how dumbstruck he was when they sat idly by as he annexed Sudedentland (sp) and then the whole of Czechoslovakia.

Maybe then you'd read about Nelville Chamberlain waving the Munich accords over his head saying "War has been averted!"  This happened 1 year before Poland was invaded and sacked and 2 years before the bombs started falling on London.

Considering I just took a history course on Hitler, who was taught by a conservative professor who preached that appeasement was a load, is ironic.

Also, the only area that Hitler invaded that caused him to be amazed was not the Seudetenland or Austria, rather it was the Rhineland, consisting of Ruhr and Saxony-Anhalt. Anyways, the German military was highly industrialized and efficient in 37 and 38 due to Spanish civil war prior to that, and an invasion of Germany would have been a PR dream for Hitler.

Once again, take a history course and lose the simple minded insults if you want to argue. You just make yourself look like an ultra-conservative, militaristic, ignorant, jingoistic who knows close to nothing.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Feb 18, 2005 -> 06:32 PM)
I may not know a lot about Algerian History but I do know that invading armies have been wiping their feet on French soil for a very long time now and its because of their pussy whipped attitude toward foregin affairs.

Ignorance rears it's head once again. French paratroopers systematically tortured the FLN and committed many other human rights violations to drive the FLN out of Algiers. Yeah, their pussies alright.

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Feb 18, 2005 -> 07:10 PM)
Considering I just took a history course on Hitler, who was taught by a conservative professor who preached that appeasement was a load, is ironic.

Also, the only area that Hitler invaded that caused him to be amazed was not the Seudetenland or Austria, rather it was the Rhineland, consisting of Ruhr and Saxony-Anhalt. Anyways, the German military was highly industrialized and efficient in 37 and 38 due to Spanish civil war prior to that, and an invasion of Germany would have been a PR dream for Hitler.

Once again, take a history course and lose the simple minded insults if you want to argue. You just make yourself look like an ultra-conservative, militaristic, ignorant, jingoistic who knows close to nothing.

LOL Way to completely dodge the argument.

I may have gotten my timeline a little confused but the argument is sound and you have no response other than personal attacks. Go smoke your peace pipe or worship Bin Laden or whatever the hell it is you do with your time.

QUOTE(TheBigHurt35 @ Feb 18, 2005 -> 08:01 PM)
Trying to call me out for making reference to someone's avatar is a real stretch - and, may I add, a seemingly partisan one.  It's OK for someone to call another "ignorant," but the other party can't respond by making a benign reference to the other's avatar?  That's a bunch of BS.

FWIW, I'm not interested in making personal attacks.  But I'm not going to allow another to talk down to me, either.

The appearance of partisanship is merely that - an appearance. And Cerb has not held the monopoly on talking down to fellow boardsters in this thread.

Looking back, Cerb suggested that your insinuating that he thought ignoring Muslim extremists was an ignorant statement. There is a difference between that and a personal attack.

On the other hand, Cerb, let's not escalate, eh?

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Feb 18, 2005 -> 07:19 PM)
Looking back, Cerb suggested that your insinuating that he thought ignoring Muslim extremists was an ignorant statement.  There is a difference between that and a personal attack.

On the other hand, Cerb, let's not escalate, eh?

Calling me "completely ignorant of the situation at hand" isn't exactly a nice thing to say, either. And if replying by calling someone "Mullet Boy" is considered a "personal attack," I think that we all need to grow some testicles here, boys.

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Feb 18, 2005 -> 07:10 PM)

Yeah, Cerb, let's not escalate. :rolly

QUOTE(TheBigHurt35 @ Feb 18, 2005 -> 06:26 PM)
What is your obsession with Algeria?  Did you just study that in school?  I know about Algeria, as well as Morocco, Libya, and Syria.  I also know that approximately 4 million Muslims live in France.  Are you saying that France's significant Arab population gives them a morally-justified excuse to turn a blind eye torwards terrorism?  That's just stupid.  Who are you?  Charles DeGaulle's ghost?

So, they should just adopt France's "appeasement" philosophy and give into the terrorists?  Because, hey, once they say "no," terrorist attacks will increase!  Brilliant strategy! :rolly

It took that horrible massacre in Belsan for Putin to take serious action.  And, it's also known that these Chechen rebels are affiliated with al Qaeda (Link).

So why were Russia and Spain so adamantly against assisting in the overthrow of Saddam, who has financially sponsored the families of Palestinian suicide bombers?  Were they hoping that the Muslim extremists will give them a "pass" when they attempt global domination?

Good post.  Too bad Mullet Boy doesn't understand anything outside of French/Algerian history.

You know, I get tired of debunking posts point by point to prove my intelligence when you just make some smartass quip that is supposed to demean me. Grow up.

Once again, I never insinuated that because France has a large Muslim population that they are exempt from not being involved in Muslim foreign affairs. I stated that because of their large involvement with Algieria, an involvement so large that it created the Fifth Republic and installed de Gaulle to power, that they would rather not be involved in such a volitaile situation. Maybe it's because France and Chirac side with the Palestinians, but I severely doubt so. France has every right to remain neutral on situations they do not want to enter into, yet you would just like France to be a whore to the American imperialistic policy and follow lockstep in everything they do. Get over it.

Putin began his love affair with Chechnya when he was in the KGB, not just recently. Also, many radical fundamentalist Islamic groups from Saudi Arabia, and as you said al-Qaeda, we're basically kicked out of Dagestan by the government there and they setup shop in Chechnya. I can almost assure you that if Putin would simply grant Chechen independence, there would be little if any flare ups in the Caucasus region.

f***, I don't know, maybe Spain and Russia could see through the minefield of bulls*** that you and other conservatives bought into about Iraq. God forbid.

As to your mullet boy comment, comical.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Feb 18, 2005 -> 07:17 PM)
LOL Way to completely dodge the argument. 

I may have gotten my timeline a little confused but the argument is sound and you have no response other than personal attacks.  Go smoke your peace pipe or worship Bin Laden or whatever the hell it is you do with your time.

Yes, because I am liberal and critical of American foreign policy I "worship bin Laden"? You know what, I'm sick of dealing with you. I tried to display as much comparitive evidence supporting my argument, and you can only say I worship a man whom I loathe. You're a complete joke.

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Feb 18, 2005 -> 07:23 PM)
You know, I get tired of debunking posts point by point to prove my intelligence

"Intelligence?" :lol:

:finger (Oh, wait, that might be construed as a "personal attack.")

Perhaps this is a better solution...

You have chosen to ignore Cerbaho-WG. View this post · Un-ignore Cerbaho-WG

QUOTE(TheBigHurt35 @ Feb 18, 2005 -> 07:26 PM)
"Intelligence?" :lol:

:finger  (Oh, wait, that might be construed as a "personal attack.")

Perhaps this is a better solution...

You have chosen to ignore Cerbaho-WG. View this post · Un-ignore Cerbaho-WG

Ignorance is bliss for you. Go read NewsMax and The Weekly Standard to have fallacies fit your schema of the world.