NBA All Star Weekend Thread

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(qwerty @ Feb 19, 2005 -> 10:30 PM)
That amare and nash dunk was weak.

It was creative...Nash with an off-the-head pass...

And showing off the soccer skills. The passes are better than the dunks. Amare has the height and power but not the elevation.

Josh Smith wasn't a surprise if you've seen his in-season dunks.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Feb 19, 2005 -> 09:41 PM)
It was creative...Nash with an off-the-head pass...

And showing off the soccer skills.  The passes are better than the dunks.  Amare has the height and power but not the elevation.

Josh Smith wasn't a surprise if you've seen his in-season dunks.

It was sarcasm since it was when they did the off the head dunk.

Edited by qwerty

Give Josh Smith back to IU and JR Smith and JamesOn Curry back to UNC and we can all be happy :-). I was just shocked how many people actually picked Amare over Josh Smith, I knew it wouldn't be close. Josh has a Lebron type vertical. Next year offer VC, Kobe, and Lebron 100K to join Josh Smith in the dunk contest, then hype the hell out of it to make the money back.

JOSH SMITH! Next big thing dunk wise, the guy rocked the house all his dunks looked good and they were original, next year i like to see some of those bigger names take him on, i think he good enough to hang with the big boys,

the rest... J.R. smith, his first dunk was great i thought it was worth the 50!, i like the new thing were you had to use a nother player for your second dunk really made it intresting. C. anderson , dont think we'll be seeing him back anytime soon, the guy had 80 tries before he didn anything, i like his first original duck, almost jumbed from the freethrow line! Stoudimires first duck blew chips!he shouldn't of had higher then anderson, even though anderson took longer his dunk was way nicer. but i like stoudimire with nash that was crazy the first time, and then the second time was really nice (even though stoudimire took for ever and couldnt slam it home) all around this was a really good slam dunk contest!

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Feb 19, 2005 -> 11:26 PM)
Give Josh Smith back to IU and JR Smith and JamesOn Curry back to UNC and we can all be happy :-). I was just shocked how many people actually picked Amare over Josh Smith, I knew it wouldn't be close. Josh has a Lebron type vertical. Next year offer VC, Kobe, and Lebron 100K to join Josh Smith in the dunk contest, then hype the hell out of it to make the money back.

Need to go back to the old ways were they have eight people in it. Lebron, smith, richardson ( jason), carter, kobe, francis, and any other two that i am forgetting at the moment. If they really wanted money ( like lebron wanted) i would say f*** you to them. Which is probally the reason it is not gonna happen.

This All-Star weekend was absolutely sick. Pheonix killed it this weekend. Nash, Richardson, the Shooting Stars, and Amare! Man...the NBA is back! Watch out for Josh Smith folks! I called it....I called it. The east is back too! WHOOOOOOOOOO! Let's hope the Bulls come out firing in the 2nd half!!!!!!!

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Feb 21, 2005 -> 12:03 PM)
This All-Star weekend was absolutely sick. Pheonix killed it this weekend. Nash, Richardson, the Shooting Stars, and Amare! Man...the NBA is back! Watch out for Josh Smith folks! I called it....I called it. The east is back too! WHOOOOOOOOOO! Let's hope the Bulls come out firing in the 2nd half!!!!!!!

I thought the jr smith and carter dunks were the highlight of the entire weekend. You could say i was not very impressed.

I am trying to make the carter dunk my avatar and of course it does not work for me.

Edited by qwerty

QUOTE(qwerty @ Feb 21, 2005 -> 02:11 PM)
I thought the jr smith  and carter dunks were the highlight of the entire weekend. You could say i was not very impressed.

I whole heartedly agree, this All-Star weekend kind of sucked. The dunk contest sucked (nothing new there) and the All-Star game itself was a joke. The Josh Smith windmill (nique dunk) was highly overrated. The JR Smith dunk was the most original and creative and the VC dunk was a better version of Mcgrady's last year. I thought the T-Mac of the backboard finger roll was pretty impressive, considering the fact that he did it all one handed and the fingerroll in that situation is actually just as hard if not harder than athe dunk, though it doesn't look as cool and won't get as much attention.

The Nique dunk was not overrated.

He was paying tribute to the man who tutuored him through the contset. Did you see where he took off from on that one? Did you see how far he went down and around on the windmill?

How about where he jumped over Kenyon?