Petals around the rose

Cerbaho-WG

I got it the first time and used the second and third time to confirm it since I noticed a bunch of you were struggling. The third time was a 0 for me, which essentially confirmed it.

Am I the only one that immediately envisioned it after reading the title?

I was thinking about it, and I think it would be tougher to figure out if you were actually rolling dice. The way it's set up on the site made it easier for me because they were uniformly in a row.

After figuring it out, it is easy to see why an engineer would have a problem with this. I also believe it isn't a sign of intelligence but field of knowledge. My guess, and written s;lightly in code to not spoil the solution is, someone with a B.A. would have an easier time than someone with a B.S..

QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 20, 2005 -> 05:15 PM)
After figuring it out, it is easy to see why an engineer would have a problem with this. I also believe it isn't a sign of intelligence but field of knowledge. My guess, and written s;lightly in code to not spoil the solution is, someone with a B.A. would have an easier time than someone with a B.S..

i am an engineer and i was able to figure it out quite easily i am not really sure what kind of validity it has on proving what type of person you are

I saw this about 20 years ago and it took me a long while......but I bet a child would solve it in like 2 rolls.

I'm not sure if this is in the link, but the guy who showed it to me, kept saying: 'Petals around a rose, the only rule of the game, is the NAME of the game'. I hope that helps.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Feb 19, 2005 -> 09:58 PM)
I got it the first time and used the second and third time to confirm it since I noticed a bunch of you were struggling.  The third time was a 0 for me, which essentially confirmed it.

Am I the only one that immediately envisioned it after reading the title?

I was thinking about it, and I think it would be tougher to figure out if you were actually rolling dice.  The way it's set up on the site made it easier for me because they were uniformly in a row.

First roll for me too, I also had it figured from the title.

Neat though.

I showed it people at work and they are currently being driven crazy.

BUhahahahhahahaha

QUOTE(AssHatSoxFan @ Feb 20, 2005 -> 11:53 PM)
i am an engineer and i was able to figure it out quite easily i am not really sure what kind of validity it has on proving what type of person you are

I agree, most people just overthink it.

By the way, this is somewhat tougher when you are rolling actual dice. It makes you think that how the dice end up being scattered and positioned has something to do with the answer. It's not quite the same in the link.

Edited by LosMediasBlancas

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Feb 21, 2005 -> 08:48 AM)
I saw this about 20 years ago and it took me a long while......but  I bet a child would solve it in like 2 rolls.

I'm not sure if this is in the link, but the guy who showed it to me, kept saying: 'Petals around a rose, the only rule of the game, is the NAME of the game'.  I hope that helps.

where you people giving these clues when i was stuck.

:finger

:lol: The problem w/ me was i put no thought whatsoever into the name. I was doing all these crazy ass formulas.

ugh.

QUOTE(AssHatSoxFan @ Feb 20, 2005 -> 05:53 PM)

Not what type of person you are, but the analytic tools you usually use. If you commonly deal with making sense of numeric data, such as an accountant, engineer, etc. you will gravitate towards those styles of solutions.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Feb 19, 2005 -> 03:35 AM)
Me too... What really messed me up was that I guessed right the first two rolls without even thinking about it.  I was just putting in a number.  Then I couldn't figure out why I was right the first two times, but wrong the next 10 or so.

Yeah, I got it right like the third time, then couldn't figure out why.