Titans will cut 4 Veterans

The are Titans expected to release veterans Samari Rolle, Derrick Mason, Kevin Carter, and Fred Miller due to the cap.

I would love to have Derrick Mason on the Bears. He has only missed six games in his whole career and has had four career 1000+ yard seasons.

QUOTE(chimpy2121 @ Feb 21, 2005 -> 02:45 AM)
What would you guys think about picking up Rolle.

That's what I was thinking...

He's in his late-20's IIRC, so he definitely should still have 'it'. He'd be a great addition to our defensive backfield, provided he comes at the right price.

I can't really see the Bears going after Rolle considering they already some good CB's already, and this draft is very CB heavy. As a Cowboys fan though, I'm hoping we can pick up Rolle, Ken Lucas or Anthony Henry, as we desperately need another veteran CB.

Mason's an excellent receiver though, but I think he'd rather be in a situation where he'd get a lot of the ball, and play for a contending team. I don't think Chicago can offer him that situation, but money talks. I think Angelo will go for Williams or Edwards instead though.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Feb 20, 2005 -> 09:25 PM)
I can't really see the Bears going after Rolle considering they already some good CB's already, and this draft is very CB heavy. As a Cowboys fan though, I'm hoping we can pick up Rolle, Ken Lucas or Anthony Henry, as we desperately need another veteran CB.

Mason's an excellent receiver though, but I think he'd rather be in a situation where he'd get a lot of the ball, and play for a contending team. I don't think Chicago can offer him that situation, but money talks. I think Angelo will go for Williams or Edwards instead though.

I better go after Williams or Edwards I don't think he'll go any other way.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Feb 21, 2005 -> 02:26 PM)
Mason would get a lot of balls here.

I know the Bears QB and O-Line situation was terrible last season but look at these receivers numbers.

Thomas Jones - 56 receptions, 427 YDS, 0 TD's.

David Terrell - 42 receptions, 699 YDS, 1 TD.

Bobby Wade - 42 receptions, 481 YDS, 0 TD's.

There would be better scenarios out there for Mason, teams such as the Giants, Steelers and Seawhawks will definitely make a run at him.

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Feb 21, 2005 -> 02:37 PM)
Didn't Rolle just have some trouble with the law?  I remember reading something about that recently.  It was either him or one other guy.

Yes he was arrested for assualting his wife.