Boozer reportedly to be traded to Lakers?

Goober

QUOTE(Tmar28 @ Feb 21, 2005 -> 02:38 PM)
Lakers will trade Vlade Divac, Caron Butler and Devean George to the Utah Jazz in exchange for big man Carlos Boozer

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/3410834

They already have a rapist there, now they have a boozer too? What's next? A crackhead?

QUOTE(TheDybber @ Feb 21, 2005 -> 10:35 PM)
:lolhitting

Not sure I like the trade unless Divac has an expiring contract.

Vlade has a player option next year. Same with Devean George. Caron ain't making jack s***.

LA Lakers Salaries

I thought for sure that Odom would be involved in the Boozer deal, as he hasn't been able to coexist with Bryant. But like the article says, Odom could still be traded to another team.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Feb 21, 2005 -> 09:40 PM)
You think Boozer is regretting screwing over Cleveland yet?  Or Utah for taking advantage of them?

Well, he's a second round pick making 12 million per year through 2010. I'm not saying that money is everything, but I have a feeling that Boozer doesn't have any regrets.

But you knew that Utah would live to regret giving huge contracts to both Boozer and Okur.

Utah Jazz Salaries

What exactly did Okur do to deserve 9 million per year through 2010? At least Boozer is a rebounding force who could score 20+ on any given night.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Feb 21, 2005 -> 10:43 PM)
Peja for Odom would have been interesting too...

Peja to the Bulls would be even sweeter.

Your average NBA fan would never agree with me, but we'd be better off getting Trenton Hassell (both for what we specifically need right now on defense and for reasons relating to the long term salary situation of the Bulls). I still have my doubts about Paxson after he cut Trenton in favor of Linton Johnson.

Linton Muhf***in' Johnson? :huh

In 2006/2007, we have a total of 6 million committed to our players:

Chicago Bulls Salaries

We should keep it that way through the end of this season so that we could lock down Curry, Chandler, etc. Soon enough, we'll have to lock down Hinrich.

Just for laughs, check out what the New York Knicks have committed to players in 2006/2007:

New York Knicks Salaries

70 million???? :chair

Isiah Thomas = NBA Expert

QUOTE(rangercal @ Feb 21, 2005 -> 11:02 PM)
That deal heavily favors the lakers.  Their has to be something else to why Utah would do this.

They're trying to shed Boozer's salary. And besides, they'll be looking to acquire some high-priced talent in their backcourt, IMO. Right now, they have a bunch of grinders back there, which obviously ain't enough if they have a championshiop trophy in mind.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Feb 21, 2005 -> 11:03 PM)
Your average NBA fan would never agree with me, but we'd be better off getting Trenton Hassell (both for what we specifically need right now on defense and for reasons relating to the long term salary situation of the Bulls).  I still have my doubts about Paxson after he cut Trenton in favor of Linton Johnson.

Linton Muhf***in' Johnson? :huh

In 2006/2007, we have a total of 6 million committed to our players:

Chicago Bulls Salaries

We should keep it that way through the end of this season so that we could lock down Curry, Chandler, etc.  Soon enough, we'll have to lock down Hinrich.

Just for laughs, check out what the New York Knicks have committed to players in 2006/2007:

New York Knicks Salaries

70 million???? :chair

Isiah Thomas = NBA Expert

:puke

That roster is a joke. Especially the money they are paying out. Terrible.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2004 @ Feb 21, 2005 -> 05:18 PM)
I think this trade is totally bogus.  NOBODY "other than Jack Haley" Is reporting this.  This deal would be all over espn/espn news if it was confirmed.  And it's a horrible move for the Jazz by the way.

It's been talked about for three or four days now on the radio in l.a. It is not bogus.

Also, there was supposedly a odom for peja deal on the table but the kings backed out.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Feb 21, 2005 -> 08:01 PM)
It's been talked about for three or four days now on the radio in l.a. It is not bogus.

Also, there was supposedly a odom for peja deal on the table but the kings backed out.

I don't deny it's been talked about. Trades are talked about all the time. But like I said, Other than Jack fricken Haley, this hasn't been confirmed by ANYBODY. Everybody knows when the Lakers make a move, it's news. Until something substantial comes out, I wouldn't take this seriously.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Feb 21, 2005 -> 07:52 PM)
Doubt it's bogus.

Utah wants to get rid of Boozer's contract, they can use George once he is healthy and Caron Butler has a bright future in the league.  They'll probably release Divac.

They just signed him to that contract this past summer, now they want out? George is a scrub, who hasn't played all year. Divac is DONE. Caron Butler is a nice role player, but c'mon, the guy is not even top 15 at his position. You don't trade a dime a dozen sf for a legitimate pf, especially to a team in your conference. This is a HORRIBLE trade for the Jazz. Go to any Jazz website. They're screaming for their gm's head.

Edited by Jordan4life_2004