Illinois' Williams probably leaving early for NBA

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Feb 21, 2005 -> 03:46 PM)
I do too, but only because as much as I love Dee as a college player I don't think he has anything close to an NBA game at this point in time.  His shooting is there and he plays very good defense, but at his height he really needs to show that he can run a team and consistently get into the paint to create for others as well as occasionally finish inside in the half court.

he has the speed the NBA needs. One thing that would worry me is that Dee is probably one of the most emotional players i've ever seen and gets alot from the atmosphere around him......the NBA doesn't have that.

Plus, dee will be THE MAN here next year, he won't have to be part of the 'trio of guards'. If he's smart he'll stay and get alot more attention next year.

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Feb 21, 2005 -> 03:48 PM)
he has the speed the NBA needs.  One thing that would worry me is that Dee is probably one of the most emotional players i've ever seen and gets alot from the atmosphere around him......the NBA doesn't have that.

Plus, dee will be THE MAN here next year, he won't have to be part of the 'trio of guards'. If he's smart he'll stay and get alot more attention next year.

He has the speed and he does have the ability. I just don't think he is there yet, at least no where near a first round draft choice. His speed in the open court is amazing, but how many times have you seen him break a guy down off the dribble and finish in the half court or even get into the paint and create for someone else? The answer is not many. This is the one area Dee really needs to improve on and if he does, he'll be a very good NBA player for a long time.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Feb 21, 2005 -> 04:46 PM)
ROFL, except he isn't a selfish whore that jacks 9 threes a game.  :P

Q is a selfish whore? Uhh...ok...

This upcoming draft is weak, which is why deron is ranked as high as he is. He's obviously a second-round-type player...

Q is going to have the better NBA career...

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Feb 21, 2005 -> 05:20 PM)
When you are 63rd in the league in 3P% you shouldn't shoot 9 a game.

So that's why he won the 3-point contest...

It's called being a streaky shooter. He gets hot, which is why he leads the league in 3PT made...

He's had games where he's hit 6 and 7 of 9...and obviously others where he shoots worse...

Let me know when deron is scoring 16 a game and 6 assists compared to Q's 6+ boards...

Deron is a slower Jason Kidd...but can shoot better. He has great court vision. He gawn. As for Dee staying, I can't see it, a good chunk of the team is graduating or leaving and while a core of Dee and James Augustine is a good start, there isn't much behind them except for sophs and freshies. He might be outie.

I see Deron going around 15 and Luther between 30 - 35.

As for the Bulls, I could see Pax trading Curry and maybe a 2006 expiring contract for a first rounder. Just a thought.

QUOTE(TheDybber @ Feb 21, 2005 -> 05:32 PM)
As for the Bulls, I could see Pax trading Curry and maybe a 2006 expiring contract for a first rounder.  Just a thought.

No way. That would be taking a step backwards, especially considering how weak the draft is going to be...

I can't wait to hear how much better hoiberg is than Q because he leads the league in 3 point %...

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Feb 21, 2005 -> 10:36 PM)
No way.  That would be taking a step backwards, especially considering how weak the draft is going to be...

I can't wait to hear how much better hoiberg is than Q because he leads the league in 3 point %...

They aren't going to give him the money he wants. They are going to want to get something.

QUOTE(TheDybber @ Feb 21, 2005 -> 05:46 PM)
They aren't going to give him the money he wants.  They are going to want to get something.

It all depends on how that plays out. Pax will have a better idea than any of us as far as market value. If Curry is leaving, which I don't think will happen, then let's definitely get something for him. Not any of the low-ball offers he's gotten for Curry so far though. Pax has done a good job so far, so I think he'll make the right decision...