Vazquez, Prior Duel

Rex Hudler

I wish I watched it. Prior is plain filthy. An injury is the only way this guy doesn't live up to his hype. He features so many plus pitchers and more importantly he can throw them all for strikes and has an effortless delivery. This kid is so mature for his age. I have to say he's the best pticher I've ever seen for his age.

*Remember I'm 19 so I haven't been watching baseball as long as some. Either way I think he's amazing. I never saw Doc Gooden do what he did to start his career.

I wish I watched it. Prior is plain filthy. An injury is the only way this guy doesn't live up to his hype

So much for me overrating the prospects...Welcome to the Dark Side, man :) (I am 20 and have been following baseball for 5 years.)

You're right, this kid is amazing. The thing that strikes me is that he, unlike the long-fingered, small-framed freak of nature that is Pedro or the skinny Eifel Tower that is RaJo, is like the prototypical pitcher, embodiment of everything you'd want so see in an ace: maturity, poise, flawless mechanics, lethal arsenal of pitches and superb control. Pedro might have more movement and just as good a control, RaJo may throw harder...but they lack the total package this kid has. While it remains to be seen if he will be as good RaJo is at 40 (doubtful), there is no doubt that he will be better than he was in his first 5 seasons even though ERAs are more inflated than they were 10-15 years ago.

He is alredy better than Wood and Clement and those guys are much more susceptible to serious injury than he is.

Hey, I don't think I'm over-hyping him. I usually am on the conservating end when it comes to prospects and I think I'm being conservative saying that he'll be a star if he doesn't get injured. Part of me thinks he could be one of the greatest of all time, if not the greatest, but I'm not going to even think that until I see him keep pitching awesome and continuing to get better over the years.

It takes a lot more then talent and control to become the best ever, you have to be flat out amazing.