Chavez says US plans to kill him

KipWellsFan

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4282603.stm

Mr Chavez's comments echoed the words of Cuban President Fidel Castro who said last week: "If Chavez is assassinated, the blame will fall on Bush."

"I say that as someone who has survived hundreds of the empire's (assassination) plans," Mr Castro added.

"Now, I am going to say it. Neither Fidel Castro nor I talk nonsense," Mr Chavez said on Sunday.

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Feb 22, 2005 -> 12:12 AM)

I'd say hundreds of atttempts on Castro's life by us is a bit of exaggeration. I know the CIA did look at the possibility of secretly dosing him with LSD back in the lat 60s, and they also explored the possibility of dosing him with a chemical to make his facial hair (and thus his machismo?) fall out.

In both instances, the plan would have been to deliver the chemicals through 'the ol' tainted Cuban cigar trick.'

Wacky, wacky CIA. :bang

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Feb 21, 2005 -> 11:28 PM)
I'd say hundreds of atttempts on Castro's life by us is a bit of exaggeration.  I know the CIA did look at the possibility of secretly dosing him with LSD back in the lat 60s, and they also explored the possibility of dosing him with a chemical to make his facial hair (and thus his machismo?) fall out.

In both instances, the plan would have been to deliver the chemicals through 'the ol' tainted Cuban cigar trick.'

Wacky, wacky CIA.  :bang

"ol' tainted Cuban cigar trick..."

Good thing Clinton wasn't in the CIA...

• 2 weeks later...