apu - this is for you

baggio202

since you are so worried about the lack of pro war rallys :lol: i thought id ease your concerns because our neighbors to the north are picking up the slack...and remember...we on the right do not waste our time with something as useless as demonstrating and civil disobedience...we just boycott ;) :lol: :P :rolleyes: :ph34r: :headbang :bringit :o :D

http://www.friendsofamerica.ca/

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentSe...ol=968793972154

http://www.globeandmail.com/servlet/story/...NStory/National

:usa :canada :usa :canada :usa :canada :usa :canada :usa :canada

Just gonna throw a few things out for disscusion, I again applaud you for educating yourself on things outside your border, I get just about all of mine from these boards and have needed to put my foot in my mouth on occasion, so I can appreciate the effort.

"Organizers had said the event was not a statement of support for the U.S.-led war in Iraq - but many speakers made it clear they believe Canada should be involved."

"Local media estimated the event drew about 2,000 people, while organizers put the number at 12,000. Police refused to provide a number."

I'd say 5000 out of a few million is not overwhelming. In our little town of 11000 we had an estimated 1000 at the anti war ralley earlier this month. But the numbers are irrelevent.

I think Steven Harper would be the Canadian equivalent of your, what Pat Buchanon?

What I thought was rather interesting and baseball related was the people on both sides of the God Bless America at the Blue Jays home opener. The many Americans and Canadians who saluted, those who sat and those who booed, if I can find an article I'll post it.

hey matt...you know on the home opener 2 americans (and i use that term lightly) were booing through the 7th inning stretch when that sgt from the air force was singing god bless america...i really wanted to hit them but didnt have 100 dollars bail money in my pocket :lol:

there are all kinds of opinions in both countries ranging from extremes to most somewhere in the middle....what we hear most down here though is quotes from your elected officials from quebec like form that one lady (i forget her name, sorry) who said she hated all americans...i got the info on this from a girl from ontario who is very pro american....i just thought id post a positive view because im really hoping when toronto comes to town our fans dont act like scrub fans did when oh canada was played in wrigley

what would you say is the percentage that supports the american effort and would have liked to have seen canada send troops to iraq??..i really have no clue

whats great about both countires is dissenters can feel free to protest w/o fear of government retribution...

btw...did you have a good time friday night :lol:

hey matt...you know on the home opener 2 americans (and i use that term lightly) were booing through the 7th inning stretch when that sgt from the air force was singing god bless america...i really wanted to hit them but didnt have 100 dollars bail money in my pocket :lol:

there are all kinds of opinions in both countries ranging from extremes to most somewhere in the middle....what we hear most down here though is quotes from your elected officials from quebec like form that one lady (i forget her name, sorry) who said she hated all americans...i got the info on this from a girl from ontario who is very pro american....i just thought id post a positive view because im really hoping when toronto comes to town our fans dont act like scrub fans did when oh canada was played in wrigley

what would you say is the percentage that supports the american effort and would have liked to have seen canada send troops to iraq??..i really have no clue

whats great about both countires is dissenters can feel free to protest w/o fear of government retribution...

btw...did you have a good time friday night :lol:

There are two regions in Canada, West and East. Toronto is mockingly refered to as the centre of the universe, but for this example it is. West of Toronto's likely 75% pro American/pro war. Toronto and east of it are likely that same ratio anti war. The difference being that there are about 8 million people in the west and 24 million in the east. I haven't seen any real numbers these are just assumptions,(and I know the saying about those who assume). I think the lady you are refering to is from Mississauga (Toronto) but the one thing I would say about that is I'd be weary of the context of that quote. The Canadian parlementary system is modeled after the British, and therefore Members are allowed if not encouraged to speak when others have the floor. There are kids who record all the off the cup commenets, I wonder if that's what occured here?

P.S. My Aunt died, this is the first day I've drank heavily in a bit so bear with me?