Siro

BrandoFan

if he were healthy.

This guy had a breakthrough year during the magical 2000 season and a very respectable (for 3rd starter) ERA of 3.79. depite having one of the worst defenses in the majors and giving up a whopping 18 unearned (think about all the 4- and 5-out innings he had to pitch over!) runs. He did give up more hits than innings pitched but since he didn;t walk a lot of batters and kept Slug%-against to .405 (10th lowest in AL), it wasn't a problem.

Even without a slider (which led to the injury), he still has a fastball, change and curve and control to be of help. Does anyone know if he has recovered? Any chance of getting him from the Cubs? Does he carry a grudge against us now?

Thoughts?

If the Cubs don't promote him to the ML bye sometime around the end of June, he has the option of becoming a free agent. Yes, I would think he does harbor some resentment towards the Sox. I sem to remember reading some quotes of his that weren't very complimentary.

If the Cubs don't promote him to the ML bye sometime around the end of June, he has the option of becoming a free agent.  Yes, I would think he does harbor some resentment towards the Sox.  I sem to remember reading some quotes of his that weren't very complimentary.

Correct if I'm wrong someone but I think he has no use for KW, and seemed to insinuate that KW was guilty in "shouldergate". Mike Sirotka was my favorite starter on that 2000 team and I thought he had a real good shot at a solid career. Too bad.

Yeah, Mike assumed "Favorite Sox Player duties" after Robin's departure..... Haven't really replaced him, yet. Either ways there's no way Mike ever comes back here, and I would be shocked if he ever pitched in the Majors again the way he did in 2000.

Still, it would be nice to smash him in the middle of this rotation, if still healthy...

Buehrle, Colon, Sirotka, Loaizia, Garland... Not bad...

I wish him the best, and by that I mean that I hope he gets out of the Cubs organization, where older pitchers go to die.

the guy has missed two full seasons pitching and is working on his third -

I loved the guy but nostalgia won't bring any victories.  He's gone.  I wish him the best always.

Definitely. Not to mention.. I think the only reason he got a job with the Cubs is to irritate Sox fans if he does well. I didn't hear anything about anyone else offering him anything.

But a great guy indeed.

Guest hotsoxchick1
I sem to remember reading some quotes of his that weren't very complimentary.

another sox player that had problems with KW???...shocking , isnt it :D

Imagine that. :D

why do you guys find it shocking???? lol......id say its expected......as for getting mikey back... lord knows i loved the guy, but as someone else said he hasnt pitched in two years how good can he really be or continue to get... no thanks ill pass.. i am starting to like stewie alot better now anyhow........ :headbang

I sem to remember reading some quotes of his that weren't very complimentary.

another sox player that had problems with KW???...shocking , isnt it :D

Imagine that. :D

why do you guys find it shocking???? lol......id say its expected......as for getting mikey back... lord knows i loved the guy, but as someone else said he hasnt pitched in two years how good can he really be or continue to get... no thanks ill pass.. i am starting to like stewie alot better now anyhow........ :headbang

should have typed it in green but i cant make the color work :lolhitting

btw did mi tell everyone i love the new smilies..cant stop playing with them (boy did that sound sick :lolhitting :bang :lol: :D )

siro is long gone , if he makes it back to the level he was before surgery it will be a modern medical miracle..his arm was about as messed up as you can get