spring training suprises

Chisox_10

Haha, honestly though, I don't really see any surprises from us...unless it is acquiring a MIF. I think we pretty much know what our team will look like.

Some teams I'd like to watch are the Indians (with Blake needing a pos and Boone coming back, and how will Jhonny Peralta play), the Reds (still a chance with Kearns at 3B, Freel at 2B, and Griffey out of CF?), and the Blue Jays (their abudence of kids and midlevel veterans: ie Koskie, Hinske, Hillenbrand, and Catalanatto...plus their young pitchers). Those are the questions I want to see.:)

Also, how healthy are the Twins...Mauer, Morneau, Kubel...etc...injury heaven.

QUOTE(SuperSteve @ Feb 24, 2005 -> 04:09 AM)
Haha, honestly though, I don't really see any surprises from us...unless it is acquiring a MIF. I think we pretty much know what our team will look like.

Some teams I'd like to watch are the Indians (with Blake needing a pos and Boone coming back, and how will Jhonny Peralta play), the Reds (still a chance with Kearns at 3B, Freel at 2B, and Griffey out of CF?), and the Blue Jays (their abudence of kids and midlevel veterans: ie Koskie, Hinske, Hillenbrand, and Catalanatto...plus their young pitchers). Those are the questions I want to see.:)

Also, how healthy are the Twins...Mauer, Morneau, Kubel...etc...injury heaven.

From a minor league side, look for good years from Antoin Gray, Micah Schnurstein and Ray Liotta. May not hear much from them in ST since they won't be in big league came, but expect big things from them.

All three are names I like. I think you'll see Micah hit around 15 hr's this year. In the future I think he's going to develop into a good homer hitter. He'll be moving on up to Winston Salem which is a better park to hit in then Kanny, imo.

Liotta has a lot of skills and Gray can flat hit (I think of him in as a Durham like hitter).

As far as guys in ST making a name for themselves, I don't see any rosters open, although I think you'll see Bmac have some nice flashes, but he'll also get roughed up a few times while Cotts is gonna pitch his ass off.

Valdez will get the 25th spot.

QUOTE(Chisox_10 @ Feb 23, 2005 -> 08:23 PM)
who do u guys think will blow us away this year in spring training?

I think Kenny Williams will drop Uribe and sign Royce Clayton to a 5-year $100 million contract with an option for a 6th year. He will then blow us away this spring. :ph34r:

But really, I think Crede will have a better spring training, as well as season, this year. I guess that's not putting forth much of any expectations on him, as Crede didn't really impress much last season minus one game-ending home run against the Tigers last July at Comiskey.

I’m wishing the best of luck to every minor leaguer that got called up for Spring Training. I am anxious to see Brandon M. IMO, he’ll be ready for the Majors come next season. There is no reason to rush him though, knowing that he’s in his early 20’s.