Chris Webber traded to the 76ers

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Feb 24, 2005 -> 05:17 AM)
Any chance the Sixers could trade Webber on to the Knicks now for a package of players possibly? I'd extremely doubt it, but Webber loves New York and they love him too.

Haha, Isiah Thomas loves every overpriced slightly over-the-hill player in this league. He goes to bed thinking about Jalen Rose, Donny Marshall, Vince Carter, and Chris Webber every night.

And oh yeah, Eddy Curry. :lol:

Originally Posted by CiMa

Sacramento trades: PF Michael Bradley (1.5 ppg, 1.6 rpg, 0.3 apg in 6.4 minutes)

PF Chris Webber (21.3 ppg, 9.7 rpg, 5.5 apg in 36.3 minutes)

SF Matt Barnes (3.8 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 1.3 apg in 16.6 minutes)

Sacramento receives: PF Kenny Thomas (11.3 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 1.6 apg in 28.6 minutes)

SF Corliss Williamson (10.8 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 0.9 apg in 22.0 minutes)

PF Brian Skinner (2.0 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 0.2 apg in 10.3 minutes)

Change in team outlook: -2.5 ppg, -1.6 rpg, and -4.4 apg.

Philadelphia trades: PF Kenny Thomas (11.3 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 1.6 apg in 28.6 minutes)

SF Corliss Williamson (10.8 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 0.9 apg in 22.0 minutes)

PF Brian Skinner (2.0 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 0.2 apg in 10.3 minutes)

Philadelphia receives: PF Michael Bradley (1.5 ppg, 1.6 rpg, 0.3 apg in 6.4 minutes)

PF Chris Webber (21.3 ppg, 9.7 rpg, 5.5 apg in 36.3 minutes)

SF Matt Barnes (3.8 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 1.3 apg in 16.6 minutes)

Change in team outlook: +2.5 ppg, +1.6 rpg, and +4.4 apg.

Trade Declined.

Due to Sacramento and Philadelphia being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Sacramento and Philadelphia had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did not happen here (only Sacramento met the condition). This trade does not satisfy the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Edited by qwerty

I really don't see how this helps the Kings. I would have understood if they picked up at least one solid young player in the deal, but as you guys said, they're getting weaker players with equally poor contracts. :bang

The benefits for the Sixers are obvious, they get a really talented player when he is healthy. I think they are one of only 3 teams with a real shot to get the East title now, and that drops to two if Shaq is out for the year.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Feb 24, 2005 -> 04:35 PM)
Well this makes no sense. Bradley should not be able to be packaged in another trade but petrie ( kings gm, has annouced the deal during a press conference. I am very, very confused at the moment.

What's the rule that says he can't be traded?

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Feb 23, 2005 -> 11:42 PM)
What's the rule that says he can't be traded?

You cannot be traded within two months time.

I found this though.

The legal combining of exceptions sometimes creates the appearance of teams getting away with illegal trades. For example, as detailed in question number 84 ), when a team is over the cap and acquires a player in trade, they cannot re-trade that player in combination with other players for two months. Technically, however, this applies only to players traded together using the same exception. For example, Orlando acquired Danny Manning from Phoenix (as part of a package for Penny Hardaway) on 8/5/99. They then traded Manning and Dale Ellis to Milwaukee on 8/19/99. This trade did not violate the two-month rule because they used the assigned player exception for Manning and a traded player exception for Ellis. Since the two players were traded using different exceptions it was not a technical case of aggregation to which the two-month restriction applied, and therefore the trade was legal.

:wacko:

QUOTE(backman @ Feb 24, 2005 -> 01:11 PM)
didnt know if anyone saw this but sixers added rogers and mashburn from neworleans  for glen robinson.

full story:http://www.nba.com/sixers/news/rogers_mashburn_050224.html

I knew that that would not be the final deal. The contracts were not working out. Makes this a little less good of a trade for the 76'ers. They did get rid of one of the biggest cancers in all of sports. But they also got a cripple back that will most like never play again. Rogers is not a bad throw in though. Damn the 76'ers are looking good now.