Molested....?

Steff

QUOTE(Steff @ Feb 25, 2005 -> 09:01 PM)
I just got back from spending a few hours with her and her husband. She has an appointment with her therapist at 4 and she's going to talk stuff out with him. Her grandmother agreed to go with her to her Monday appointment whatever that's going to do, I don't know. There is no legal action she can take. It's been over 20 years since the incidents took place. She seems to be in a positive state. More than anything she just wanted to be sure she wasn't crazy and it did happen - I guess it being true is more theraputic than it being just a dream as crazy as that sounds. We both did a lot of crying. This is just something I simply don't understand, and don't think I ever will. All I know is that it took an awful lot of strength for her to confront her grandmother. I don't know if I would have that strength. Soxy thank you so much for the website. I was on it all night last night getting info and I did call them this morning. They were very helpful to me in dealing with her.

Steff, good luck, and do what you're doing now, and that's be there. I think that is the most important thing anyone can do. It takes a strong person to be someone's comfort in a time like this, and you're up to the task. I really applaud your efforts - continue being strong... for your friend as well as for yourself. Take some time this weekend and veg a little, to give yourself a chance to not think. It'll help.

:pray to you and your friend.