For WWE Fans

Spod=Ratings

It's sad observing wrestling's fall from grace.

Several weeks ago, there was a PPV plug for a steel cage match involving Big Show. Now, this is a good example of bad marketing cojoined with terrible scheduling. How the hell can you include the oaf formely named Big Show in a cage match? Did anyone expect him to climb the base, or add any interesting elements to this matchup?

Cage matches should be held exclusively for the most daring wrestlers; those willing to perfom high acrobatic moves. Where's the "Homicidal, Suicidal, Genocidal" maniac Sabu these days?

These wrestling decisions keep veteran fans (such as myself) away from the sport.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Feb 24, 2005 -> 06:50 PM)
There were plenty of stupid gimmicks when Vince was having competition...

The Castration of Val Venis "I choppy choppy your pee pee!"

Atom Bomb

Meat

The Gobbledy Gooker

Don't forget the the garbage man Duke "The Dumpster" Drocie (something like that) and they there was that awful T.L. Hopper (I think thats what his name was), some kind of a plummer. It was pretty bad. Also the HLA phase was so annoying. I swear if I heard the phrase Hot Lesbian Action one more time I think i'd throw something through my TV.

QUOTE(orangekrush88 @ Feb 25, 2005 -> 02:38 AM)
Terrible, I can't believe they are going to turn back Orton to heel, they ruined his career. Now they are going to try and fix their mistake.

I doubt they are. I bet he just challenges UT as a way to "step up", or something.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Feb 24, 2005 -> 09:30 PM)
Several weeks ago, there was a PPV plug for a steel cage match involving Big Show.  Now, this is a good example of bad marketing cojoined with terrible scheduling.  How the hell can you include the oaf formely named Big Show in a cage match?  Did anyone expect him to climb the base, or add any interesting elements to this matchup? 

You are missing the fact that it was a barbed wire cage match. They strung hoops of "razor" wire at the top of the cage to keep the 2 guys in while also keeping the other guys out.

And he actually did do something new. He chokeslammed JBL thru the floor of the ring and onto the floor. Which unfortunately gave JBL the win, since the objective of a WWE cage match is to be the first one to the floor.

QUOTE(SAVVY18 @ Feb 25, 2005 -> 08:22 AM)
And he actually did do something new.  He chokeslammed JBL thru the floor of the ring and onto the floor.  Which unfortunately gave JBL the win, since the objective of a WWE cage match is to be the first one to the floor.

That's hardly new. I remember when ECW did that in a Taz vs. Bam Bam Bigelow match back in '98 I believe.

QUOTE(SAVVY18 @ Feb 25, 2005 -> 11:21 AM)
I meant new in the WWE!  Nothing is ever "New" anymore.  It's all been done.

Actually I think the Undertaker chokeslammed a few people "to hell"(as JR would say) not long after ECW did that. One of the many ideas that the WWF used after ECW had already done it.

QUOTE(Brian @ Feb 25, 2005 -> 02:33 PM)
I doubt they are. I bet he just challenges UT as a way to "step up", or something.

There are some strong rumors citing they are and the Taker match certainly is a good indicator. Although I doubt they will either, it would just be a stupid move to turn him so quick.

Also the cage match at NWO was terrible, they hardly even used the barbed wire, it was one of the worst shows I have ever seen. And it wasn't like going through the ring hurt JBL he did have enough strength to crawl all the way through the bottom of the ring in under 3 minutes.

QUOTE(orangekrush88 @ Feb 25, 2005 -> 08:16 PM)
There are some strong rumors citing they are and the Taker match certainly is a good indicator. Although I doubt they will either, it would just be a stupid move to turn him so quick.

Also the cage match at NWO was terrible, they hardly even used the barbed wire, it was one of the worst shows I have ever seen. And it wasn't like going through the ring hurt JBL he did have enough strength to crawl all the way through the bottom of the ring in under 3 minutes.

If they ever ditched the brand extenstions, there are only a few guys from SD I would keep. Angle, Rey, Guerrero, Cena, and maybe Booker or RVD. I stopped watching SD about a year ago. I just read results.

QUOTE(Cali @ Feb 25, 2005 -> 01:45 PM)
Actually I think the Undertaker chokeslammed a few people "to hell"(as JR would say) not long after ECW did that. One of the many ideas that the WWF used after ECW had already done it.

I think Big Show chokeslamed Undertaker throught the mat.

remember when Brock Lesner superplex Big show and the ring "broke?"