Sox travel to Minnesota

WilliamTell

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Feb 24, 2005 -> 04:26 PM)
This might not seem like a big deal to most people, but I remember last year the Indians should've swept the series, but instead only won 1 game. The Twins kept coming back in the late inning pissing me off like usual. Does anyone think this year will be different for them?

sounds like the sox should line up with el duque garland and buerhle. buerhle always kills teh twins and he could end up facing santana in the rubber match which could determine the series. that should be a hell of a game

I'm just waiting for the time when the Twins can't find a way to come back and get the big hit in the clutch. They've lost Doug, AJ, and Koskie during the last year. They still have Hunter, Jones, and Stewart that are clutch. Then of course there's Morneau, Mauer, and Ford who probably will be capable someday. Ugh this season is eating away at me already. I feel confident about the Sox though.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Feb 24, 2005 -> 04:37 PM)
I'm just waiting for the time when the Twins can't find a way to come back and get the big hit in the clutch. They've lost Doug, AJ, and Koskie during the last year. They still have Hunter, Jones, and Stewart that are clutch. Then of course there's Morneau, Mauer, and Ford who probably will be capable someday. Ugh this season is eating away at me already. I feel confident about the Sox though.

Actually, they lost AJ prior to last year, lost Dougie in the middle of last year, and lost Koskie this offseason.

FWIW, they also lost Cristian Guzman...Mr .310 OBP

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Feb 24, 2005 -> 05:41 PM)
Actually, they lost AJ prior to last year, lost Dougie in the middle of last year, and lost Koskie this offseason.

I mean in the past season. As in like in like at the end of 2003 they had all of those players. Then in 2004, they lost all of those players at one time or another. I didn't even mention Guzman because he wasn't clutch like the other players I mentioned. I probably know more about the Twins than the Sox because I live so close to them, it's hard not knowing stuff about them if you listen to the radio.

QUOTE(daa84 @ Feb 24, 2005 -> 04:28 PM)
sounds like the sox should line up with el duque garland and buerhle. buerhle always kills teh twins and he could end up facing santana in the rubber match which could determine the series. that should be a hell of a game

thats also a espn sunday night game

I'd love nothing more than for Buehrle's spike imprints to be visible on Torii Hunter's face...

When I looked at the rankings of players in my Yahoo fantasy baseball league, Hunter wasn't ranked very high, giving me the impression that they don't think he will be as good this year. After a few pretty outstanding clutch years against us, I think this will be the year for the good guys to break through and win those "big" games against the Hostess cakes.

QUOTE(daa84 @ Feb 24, 2005 -> 05:28 PM)

It should be a hell of a game, but Buerhle does not always kill the Twins. I was in the Dome for a Sox game in May 2003 when Buerhle got completely dismantled by Minnesota. I was sitting right behind the Sox dugout, but I left to go to the Stadium Bar in about the 4th, because I just couldn't take it anymore. Then, in the bar, a 50+ lady wanted to take a swing at me, but that's a whole 'nother story.

QUOTE(Mplssoxfan @ Feb 25, 2005 -> 05:07 PM)
It should be a hell of a game, but Buerhle does not always kill the Twins.  I was in the Dome for a Sox game in May 2003 when Buerhle got completely dismantled by Minnesota.  I was sitting right behind the Sox dugout, but I left to go to the Stadium Bar in about the 4th, because I just couldn't take it anymore.  Then, in the bar, a 50+ lady wanted to take a swing at me, but that's a whole 'nother story.

haha yeah those Twins fans can be pretty fiesty. The only Sox game I was at was the game in late September of 2000 where the Sox lost the game on a Twins walk off homer, but won the division because Kansas City beat Cleveland. They talked a lot of smack about winning the game but I said, "We won the division, you're in last, what's to brag about." Ever since then, they've been better than us.

QUOTE(silver and black @ Feb 26, 2005 -> 11:09 PM)
whenever I tell people up here that I'm a sox fan, the first words that come out of their mouth is...

"Sox Suck..."

So I say...

"That was last year, this is different..."

Way to stay strong, I think I have it tough here in northern Iowa with the Twins fans, you have it a lot worse.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Feb 24, 2005 -> 11:41 PM)

Kind of scary to think that, after losing Koskie, Pierzynski, Mien-kay-b****, and Guzman, their offense is most likely going to improve this season.

Not to mention a sick bullpen.

They're definitely the team to beat. Hopefully we can get the job done this year.

QUOTE(Mplssoxfan @ Feb 26, 2005 -> 10:38 PM)
Just a thought...  Gardenhire has named Radke as the Opening Day starter, so the Sunday Night game could be Buehrle-Radke.

I thought I had heard something about that.

That would give Johan the home opening start. Which means we will probably lose. f***.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Feb 27, 2005 -> 12:34 AM)
I thought I had heard something about that.

That would give Johan the home opening start.  Which means we will probably lose.  f***.

I guess I don't understand how we'd get him if he's not the #1 starter. I was thinking we'd get their 4, 5, and 1 starters.