BTK arrested

southsider2k5

CNN is showing a press confrence from Kansas, where local officials are talking about the arrest of the serial killer known as BTK (bind them, torture them, kill them). The first murders in the case date back to 1974 and over a 17 year period he committed at least 10 murders, and send tantilizing clues to local news media and still managed to elude capture until he reemerged last March by sending a package to a local TV station.

I don't know about most of you but I hadn't heard of BTK until he got the media push the last month or so. You kinda have to wonder, egomaniac that the guy is trying to get attention, that he seems to feel sort of cheated. I mean if he did this in LA or NYC, he'd be all over the news and be a huge name a la the Nightstalker, Ted Bundy and the rest of the sociopaths.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Mar 1, 2005 -> 09:06 AM)
I don't know about most of you but I hadn't heard of BTK until he got the media push the last month or so.  You kinda have to wonder, egomaniac that the guy is trying to get attention, that he seems to feel sort of cheated.  I mean if he did this in LA or NYC, he'd be all over the news and be a huge name a la the Nightstalker, Ted Bundy and the rest of the sociopaths.

I hadn't heard of him either.

I don't know about most of you but I hadn't heard of BTK until he got the media push the last month or so.  You kinda have to wonder, egomaniac that the guy is trying to get attention, that he seems to feel sort of cheated.  I mean if he did this in LA or NYC, he'd be all over the news and be a huge name a la the Nightstalker, Ted Bundy and the rest of the sociopaths.

I hadn't heard of him until Law&Order SVU did the "RDK" episode. After that I looked him up.

You didn't hear of him for a reason. The media/law enforcement has learned the err of their ways and don't give these psychos the air time they are looking for. Don't think for one second he didn't want to be known in every house across the nation.

QUOTE(winodj @ Mar 1, 2005 -> 04:21 PM)
If you think that's great try Hardee's Son of Sandwich! Quick killer bites of the best beef east of the Mississippi!

Does that come on a toasted sesame ted BUNdy?

reaching? yeah...sorry :lol:

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Mar 1, 2005 -> 04:44 PM)
You didn't hear of him for a reason.  The media/law enforcement has learned the err of their ways and don't give these psychos the air time they are looking for.  Don't think for one second he didn't want to be known in every house across the nation.

I think he did want to be known. I also think that it had something to do with him choosing the geographic location that he did. When people think of serial killers, they think of the ones from Chicago like Speck or the Boston Strangler or the Nightstalker from California etc...Nobody thinks of Witchita.

We all think of Wichita

I am a lineman for the county and I drive the main road

Searchin' in the sun for another overload

I hear you singin' in the wire, I can hear you through the whine

And the Wichita Lineman is still on the line

I know I need a small vacation but it don't look like rain

And if it snows that stretch down south won't ever stand the strain

And I need you more than want you, and I want you for all time

And I need you more than want you, and I want you for all time