Oscar Thread...

bjm676

Kate Winslet looked great, but too bad that dude looked Hiiiiiiiiigh.

I'm not gonna be a "Passion" homer, but I just saw Aviator today and by no way was that nearly as beautiful a film as Passion. I smell Aviator Sweep, minus the Morgan Freeman lock.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Feb 27, 2005 -> 09:18 PM)
Kate Winslet looked great, but too bad that dude looked Hiiiiiiiiigh.

Yes she did. She always does. She, Cate Blanchette, Sandra Oh, Kirsten Dunst and Virginia Madsen definitely get my best dressed votes.

QUOTE(Yoda @ Feb 27, 2005 -> 09:24 PM)
Hillary Swank...

I like the dress, but since she has a larger chest something lower cut would have been more flattering. I don't think it suits her as much as the one she wore when she won the first time.

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Feb 27, 2005 -> 09:32 PM)

7:49 PM PT 

Ah, the Montage O' Dead People, in which everyone pretends to clap for people whose existences they forgot mere minutes after lining the birdcage with their obits.

hilarious

QUOTE(Yoda @ Feb 27, 2005 -> 10:11 PM)
WTF are you guys talking about? Hillary Swank deserves that Oscar.

Now all we need is Clint Eastwood for Best Actor.

did you see any of the other movies/women up for an oscar?

I had a real problem with the end of Million Dollar Baby. It was a extremely flawed movie. First and foremost, don't you think there'd be an alarm if Maggie's heart monitor went flat? but besides the many logistical mistakes, I thought it was so unlike Swank's character to give up the fight for live. No one, especially a fighter like she was just says, oh well, I had a good run.

furthermore, what message does this send to (if he were still alive) Christopher Reeves? more importantly to his family? his accident was some 10 years ago, and all that time he had with his family instead of giving up like Maggie did?

In all honesty, I really feel emotionally cheated by that movie. It leaves you with zero hope or joy.

I saw The Aviator and Finding Neverland (FN being the best movie I saw last year).

I didn't need to see Ray, and I heard that Sideways was great, but it's too non-mainstream to win the big prizes (we'll see)

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Feb 27, 2005 -> 10:23 PM)
did you see any of the other movies/women up for an oscar?

First and foremost, don't you think there'd be an alarm if Maggie's heart monitor went flat?

Eastwood pulled the plug on Hillary Swank’s character when the nurses weren’t around. I remember correctly that they were going out for lunch so at that same time Eastwood’s character injected her, meaning no one was around to hear any alarm of some sort.

... and there goes Eastwood with the Oscar. :headbang